Tent to roof attachment hardware '96 Jayco 1207

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by SmokeyMcPopup, Jun 24, 2020.

1. SmokeyMcPopup

SmokeyMcPopup New Member

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 96 1207 Jayco and noticed that the tent is not attached to the roof line very well and is even coming down in some spots. The previous owner has apparently tried to "fix" on it but it appears they weren't much good at fixing on things lol. It seems like there is just a plastic track that you kinda fold the top of the wall canvas into (similarly to how you fold the tent into the trim around the door). The plastic holder trim is pretty brittle and broken and can't seem to support the weight of the tent anymore (I'll get some pics shortly). When I look at vids of people taking apart tent trailers it seems that most have an aluminum bar screwed over where the tent and roof meet. Effectively covering the plastic track with the tent folded into it and pinching the whole works. Am I missing this or is there a different design on the 1207 Jayco? Someone who knows, please help me out lol. I really want to get this thing at least semi bug proof so I can go camping this weekend!

Thanks in advance,
    Rob.

2. Toxictom

Toxictom Member

The canvas is actually screwed in. There is no metal bar screwed over where tent and roof meet on my Jayco 1006.

SmokeyMcPopup likes this.
  3. SmokeyMcPopup

SmokeyMcPopup New Member

Is there some trim or something on the top edge of your tenting? With you saying that, I'm assuming that the white plastic that I thought was hanging hardware is actually supposed to be attached permanently to my tent and its what is screwed to the roofline?

4. Toxictom

Toxictom Member

The trim piece or valance is screwed in as well. The valance I removed had a plastic strip the screws went through. You have to lift up the valance to see the plastic strip and screws as it is designed to hide those.

5. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

On my 99 Jayco the canvas simply folds over and into an aluminum channel that spans the entire roof. It has screws at the corners that help to keep it in place, but otherwise it should be in the channel pretty tight. Damn near killed my fingers when I replaced the canvas on mine a couple years ago. I seem to recall using some scrap wood or plastic to help push the edges up and over into the slot - there wasn't a whole lot of room to work with.