Test Ride Today!

Discussion in 'Biking' started by niagarafam, Feb 7, 2015.

1. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

We're going to a local bike shop today to test ride Electra 7 speeds and a Specialized 7 speed. Initially, the Electra feels better to DH, and DW gave the Specialized a slight edge. However, both of us like the Electra's pedal position which allows the rider to get their feet to the ground and stabilize quickly. This especially appeals to DW who has more concerns about falls. Both bikes are hybrid cruisers with wide seats and handle bar/neck positions that keep you upright. Both of us like the Electra's back positioning, pretty straight without hunching over. That's important for us. We'll keep you posted.
    M&K

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

I saw the Electra at the local bike shop. It looked neat, and I'd try it if I thought I could ride at all. The wide seat thing is actually worse for me (and I am not a small person), so if the rest of the bike works, but the seat isn't perfect, it is easy to change those out. [I kept the seat that worked for me, one of the Terry brand, when I gave my bike away.]

Good luck on the test ride.

3. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

Hi kitpantom,

Where is most of your discomfort with the seat? We have hip and low back issues.
    Thank you!
    M&K

4. niagarafam

niagarafam Active Member

We ordered our bikes! We are excited!

Kim ordered an Electra Townie 7D in coral and white; it's very "beachy." Martin ordered Specialized Expedition in hyper gloss and black; it's like a safety vest neon yellow.

We are looking forward to diversifying our exercise routine and our camping experience.
    M&K