Test Run, first trip out with the (ntm) camper

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Terry Mahoney, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Terry Mahoney

Terry Mahoney New Member

I took the 91 Coleman Shenandoah up to Caledonia State Park in Central PA northwest of Gettysburg.

I wanted to see what it needed sans family; if I experienced any bumps along the way, I could adjust before the family came out.

1) Check the tow hitch ball. Looked like the same size but was smaller than what I had on there, but I had a spare of the correct size.

2) Check the wiring. First time I had towed it. At some time, apparently the trucks end of the tow wiring got torn off. I had to fake it.

3) Everything else was great!

4) it got wicked cold, but other than that, it was a pleasure. Mattresses were perfect, it was waterproof in the rain, no leaks.

5) Electrical system worked great. Every light lit and every socket worked.

I still need to find a water tank and work on getting the propane stove working. It also has the wiring for a heater, but no heater attached. Have to look into that.

Any suggestions on the water tank and heater would be appreciated.

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Definitely fix the wiring to the pup. The blinkers on the highway are needed!

For the heater, if you are only at ellectric sites get a portable ellectric one, or look into a mr. Buddy heater. Cheaper then the built in ones.

What type of water tank do you need? Under sink one or one that is under the pup?

Terry Mahoney likes this.
  3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Glad you enjoyed the trip, each time out is an adventure unto it self, and most times a learning adventure. Good Luck and keep on camping

Terry Mahoney likes this.
  4. Terry Mahoney

Terry Mahoney New Member

I think it goes under the dinette seat, unless it goes outside and I feed the clear tube out the hole and into it.

Thanks,
    Terry