Texas Puppers Rally Wolf Creek 2017

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by phoodieman, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

Updated Roster One More On Board!!!!!! Guys we are at 40 attendees and this is shaping up to be an epic Puppers Rally.
    (I will list by site number).

12 T-minusRetire 2 Adults 3 Children
    13 Indy 1 Adult
    14 Lonestar 4 Adults
    15 Phoodieman 3 Adults
    16 TX Bum 2 Adults

21 Sallugo 2 Adults 1 Child
    22 TY
    23 TY 11 Total
    24 Carl 2 Adults 2 Children

29 Merlin14 2 Adults
    30 Incog Neato 2 Adults 3 Children

We are going to have an impressive foot print in the camp ground with domination of the upper quadrants of the two rings....Is there anybody else we can get on board? !!!!

WOLF SITE.jpg

2. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

I just checked the TRA website we are the only reservations in both loops. Call your cousin, your grandma, your cats grandma and lets get a few more sites booked in.

Phoodieman

3. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Ha, ha, ha Phoodie! We will do our best. Wonder if they allow tents only in the wagon wheels? I already have a couple of friends coming with their tent on my site, but I might see if my granddaughters want to use my big tent and come up too. I'd have to put them on another site if so. I'll check this weekend. My cat's grandma is busy that weekend!

4. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Smoked on site...pic-nic ham is what I will bring for Pot Luck dinner, any left over ham will be used for breakfast Sunday....course I will be be grilling Schulenburg sausage and fajitas Saturday during the day stop and sample Txbum

5. lonestarcamper

Families, especially with young fishermen, bring your poles because there is a fishing pier and bulkhead and bait available. The Marina also has canoes, kayaks and paddleboats. Along with a putt putt course. THERE may be a fishing contest!

6. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

Just got back from a short weekend in San Antonio. A few accidents on I-10 had the road backed up in multiple spots and it was slow going. We got off the interstate around Flatonia, stopped at the Whataburger in Schulenburg for a bit, then continued on US-90 until past Brookshire (with the exception of having to get on I-10 a few times to get over rivers), at which point we continued on roads more familiar to us. It may have taken a little bit longer, but was less stressful due to the lower amount of traffic on those highways. Overall I'd say taking US-90 from Schulenburg to Katy isn't very bad at all. I personally like the drive in that you get to see all of the old country bridges and such that have been around for so many decades. Reminds me of the area of Texas that we grew up in...if the Interstate wasn't in constant view, that is.

7. Txbum

Shhh, dont tell anyone of the emergency escape Houston Metroplex route. I like taking the lost back roads. I once saw a Schulenburg livestock place in another county near Frelsburg.

8. Txbum

You should have stopped by the house and visited.

9. Txbum

Had Fajitas in the freezer.

10. Txbum

Adrian you do know that on weekends I-10 becomes the worlds FASTEST parking lot. Crazy city folks driving 100 mph to get stuck on the interstate. Fridays it is all outbound from Houston. Sunday all traffic heading back to Houston. Enjoy the back roads my friends , at least you can slow down and stop if you like.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  11. lonestarcamper

Phoodieman,
    Can we start talking food and activities so we can make some plans and divie up some activity duties?

12. Txbum

Many hands , make lite work. Robin, Phoodie, we are ready to help . I believe I have the Rally Banner. Will be bringing a 10 x 10 ft. pop up canopy and a 5 ft long table. plan to prepare a Pik Nik ham for pot luck. We we also bring other goodies like fruits, veggies. Txbum

13. Txbum

Are we going to do a Sweet heart's breakfast for the ladies on Saturday morning? I can bring my gas grill to cook bacon, pancakes, eggs as needed.

14. lonestarcamper

Waiting to hear from Wagonmaster about meals, but I have a 10 ft canopy, big lights on string, 2 six ft tables, wood for fire, scavenger hunt game and prizes, smores in campfire cones, recipe for treasure dirt cups (choc pudding and Oreos with gummy worms), etc. I just need some assigments and I'll get started.

15. Txbum

Sounds yummy, kids are going to enjoy that for sure.

16. lonestarcamper

Richard, the ham is great. I think that every family bringing a potluck entree big enough to share with sides or desserts for Saturday night dinner is a good idea. Lots of folks coming and there should be a good variety. I will probably have grilled chicken and pinto beans to add for lighter eaters? For breakfast Sat, I can griddle up some pancakes if we can get volunteers for sausage, bacon, syrup, and fruit toppings. I already have ice cream s'mores ingredients, but I need some of the others to bring chocolate pudding and Oreos for the treasure dirt cups. Anyone reading this, want to step up and volunteer? It takes a village for a great rally! It seems like the temperature is trying to average down a little early too! Getting excited!

17. Txbum

I hear you Robin. I will bring the pudding ( in cups pre-made ) is this ok? I will also bring the Oreos just need an idea how many bags or size of bags to bring. I am sure others will step up to provide bacon, sausage ,etc like in the past rallies. I will be bringing my large gas griddle, and perhaps some one else will too. If we can muster up on Friday evening to discuss the breakfast arrangements this will make Saturday morning breakfast a breeze.

18. lonestarcamper

Thanks for the offer Richard, but with many others bringing children, I was hoping to get the other families to bring the pudding and Oreos. You are always very generous, but we want to include everybody. I have the clear cups and gummy worms, if others will bring pudding in bulk ( not cups) so kiddos can construct the treat. Let's see who else will volunteer this. Thank you for all you do to make it fun!

19. Txbum

Sounds like fun to watch the kids make the dessert.

20. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

We are about a month out kids. I am wondering about the weather. It has been a strange August so far with all the rain. It is usually dry all month. May be we will have cooler weather move in early this year. We will see......I have not been out since Lake Limestone and I am ready to get out of this nightmare Austin mess.

So between TX, Lonestar, another contributor, and my self, we have four canopies and 5 six foot tables. I think that should be enough.
    Prizes for the treasure hunt are more than covered.
    Lonestar it seems you have the dessert activities after the pot luck taken care of. (The planning. Do you need contributions?)
    I will bring my grill just like Tx's for the breakfast cooking.

This is a first draft itinerary as a starting point and is open to modification by any suggestions.

Thursday

Early birds get to the campground.
    I should be there about five or so.

Friday

Friday arrivals trickle in.

6:00 PM Fishing “Event” at the pier starts.

8:00 PM Campfire sitting for anyone wanting to attend.

Saturday

9:00 Macho Men prepare breakfast.

2:00 Treasue Hunt.

4:00 Craft activities.

6:00 Fishing event expires.

6:30 Pot Luck Supper (Followed with Smores and Treasue DirtCups)

7:15 Magic Show

8:00 Campfire Sitting for anyone wanting to attend.

Sunday

10:00 Macho Men repeat stellar breakfast performance.

12:00 Checkout for Sunday departers.

Monday

12:00 Extra day loungers checkout.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.