Texas Puppers Rally Wolf Creek 2017

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by phoodieman, Jun 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Phoodie, you da man! Nice plan....

2. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

We have additional tables and canopies. We have four canopies and five 6 foot tables scheduled to attend. Lonestar,... TX, where should we put the central location? I think you guys are familiar with the site.

Phoodieman

3. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

GREAT itinerary! Can we expand the fishing contest to include the time frame of Friday to Sat meal time? We can do "longest" child and adult fish awards right after the meal, before magic show. That will give a whole 24 hours to catch the "big one."

I'll be there early (Tuesday) to do some kayak fishing.
    I will bring as much wood as I can carry.
    Pancake batter, butter, syrup, and griddle will be ready for the Macho breakfast Sat.
    I'll have treasure hunt instructions and bags ready.
    Chicken, pintos, and some veg for pot luck.
    S'mores and treasure dirt cups covered (asking families with kids to provide chocolate pudding and Oreos).
    Will bring some meat and eggs to contribute for Sunday Macho breakfast.
    Looking forward to the Magic Show, seeing friends, and just getting outside!
    Checking out Monday (that's almost a week-yay!)
    Trying to put together a pirate "look."

Robin

4. lonestarcamper

I don't know who is in #30, but there is a big open area between me in #14 and #30 that will be central to everybody. Lots of room for canopies, tables, fire pit, and all.

5. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

MODIFIED ITINERARY

We have four canopies and 5 six foot tables. I think that should be enough. Any more wouldn't hurt. I have changed the fishing "event" to include a 24 hour period from Fri 6:00 to Sat 6:00

Thursday

Early birds get to the campground. (Some lucky ones get there sooner)!
    I should be there about five or so.

Friday

Friday arrivals trickle in.

6:00 PM Fishing “Event” at the pier starts.

8:00 PM Campfire sitting for anyone wanting to attend.

Saturday

9:00 Macho Men prepare breakfast.

2:00 Treasue Hunt.

4:00 Craft activities.

6:00 Fishing event expires.

6:30 Pot Luck Supper (Followed with Smores and Treasue DirtCups)

7:15 Magic Show

8:00 Campfire Sitting for anyone wanting to attend.

Sunday

10:00 Macho Men repeat stellar breakfast performance.

12:00 Checkout for Sunday departers.

Monday

12:00 Extra day loungers checkout.
    I will be reluctantly leaving at checkout I am sure.

6. lonestarcamper

We are ready! Sadly leaving Monday as well. Argh!

7. Txbum

May be having a sister and B.I.L. joining us at the rally. They are making plans to be there. The will be in a Casita small travel trailer. TXBUM

8. Txbum

Confirmed site 17....Ida & John joining us at the rally. Arriving Friday by noon. Welcome sis & bil.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  9. lonestarcamper

Welcome Txbum sis and Bil!

10. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

We are at 42 attendees!!!!! We HAVE to get a full group shot. It will be impressive.....

12 T-minusRetire 2 Adults 3 Children
    13 Indy 1 Adult
    14 Lonestar 4 Adults
    15 Phoodieman 3 Adults
    16 TX Bum 2 Adults
    17 TX bum Guests 2

21 Sallugo 2 Adults 1 Child
    22 TY
    23 TY 11 Total
    24 Carl 2 Adults 2 Children

29 Merlin14 2 Adults
    30 Incog Neato 2 Adults 3 Children

WOLF SITE.jpg

Phoodieman

11. Indy

Indy Member

I will be contributing food of course, but right now I'm stuck on trying to figure out the camper logistics.

Remember I told y'all my friend Dave was taking it on a shakedown trip? Glad he did, but he burned up all 3 tires I need to replace them all now, including a rim. One of the jacks also gave out -- how do I replace a jack? Where do I go to buy it - can I order one on Amazon or ???? I'll also either need a new battery or I'll have to jump it when we go up and down. Lots to figure out, and Dave is of little use right now because they have a kiddo right in the midst of getting off to her first year of college classes.... they've got their hands full.

Eeek.... I'm open to tips from you guys! I forgot what size tires, battery, all those little things. I feel like a newbie starting all over again. [:!]

12. Txbum

Katie, what kind of jack went out? Was it a stabilizer jack? The ones under tbe camper to steady the camper. What is the make and model number of the camper. I have bought tires and wheels at Etrailer and had good luck with them. Does rhe camper lift up on all corners? I could ride out to look at camper this weekend. The following week end is out I am on call. I can help. Walmart tire centers have some trailer tires with rims that might fit your camper.

13. lonestarcamper

Indy, I got my tires at Discount Tire, battery at Walmart, scissor jack comes in a pair at PPL or Camping World, and I will be home this weekend after Friday as well if I can help. Call your friend and ask him to look at tires for the sizes. Is it still located at his place out of town? I'd be willing to drive with you and maybe meet Txbum to get the problems solved. Let me know.

14. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

I can't offer to come out and help on site myself with three littles. I can do all kinds of searching for things online and let you know where to get stuff.

From what I remember our campers are roughly the same size and probably have the same type of equipment. More than likely you have a group 27 battery, or if someone upgraded it then a group 29 or 31. The dealer that I got my camper from put a Interstate SRM-27 battery on it. It runs the roof just fine, but is probably the smallest size you'd want for to lift a roof on a 12' box popup with AC and a slide out. The stabilizer jacks on mine are the BAL 'C' jacks. As for tires as mentioned previously you'll have to get the size code off the old tires. Most all of this stuff can be purchased locally - Topper's Camping Center, PPL, Camping World, or Holiday World for the stabilizer jack, any place that sells automotive batteries for the camper battery, and tires from most anywhere that sells automotive tires. You can get the jacks online as well from places like etrailer and Amazon. I believe Topper's used to sell your brand of popup, so if you give them a call they may be able to look up the parts specific to your camper and give you some part numbers to start with. If nothing else I'm sure quite a few of us have some spare jack stands and bottle jacks around that can be used for the weekend to help stabilize your camper.

I don't know which model camper you have, but from what I found online of the brochures and specs for the three 2013 Rockwood Premier popups with a slide - 2317G, 2514G, and 2516G, you have 13" aluminum rims.

I guess the real point here is that there are a lot of us here that would be glad to help in the ways that we can. Just let us know what you need or when we can help.

15. lonestarcamper

We still need donation of prepared chocolate pudding and Oreos for treasure dirt cup treats. I have everything else for those and s'mores cones.
    Pallet wood would be great for fire. I have some logs. There is lots of open space between #30 and 14 so most tables and canopies will do well there and my campfire ring is far enough from your spot so your kiddos won't be too close to it. Check itinerary for food stuffs and potluck on Sat nite. Hoping to get Indy fixed up!

16. Indy

Indy Member

Txbum is helping me order parts .... we should be able to get this thing rolling again soon. Nothing too major wrong with it, it just needs some TLC after sitting unused for so long. Wish me luck! Thanks, all!

17. Txbum

Tires are ordered, jack is accounted for, I have a spare marine battery. Now where is my grease gun? Will check wheel bearings and grease if necessary. We are almost there!! Thank you Adrian, Lonestarcamper , & of course Indy. I can almost taste the smores.

18. lonestarcamper

Yay! Good ole Richard! Great guy! Let me know if I can do anything!
    Left a message offering jack and if you need grease gun and grease holler!

19. Txbum

Thank you Robin, I will search for my grease gun, i will buy new wheel bearing grease. It is the least we can do for our sister Katie (Indy). Have you seen her new tow vehicle? It is nice. Full factory tow package. She is ready to tow!

20. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Man this sounds like an awesome meet. Wish I could go. Hopefully I can make the next one. Have fun and eat well everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.