Texas Puppers (South)- Memorial Wknd @ Goliad SP

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Ryanincc, Feb 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Count is 20 adults, 5 big kids and 4 little kids, plus or minus 1 here and there [;)] [SIZE=78%]

That sounds good Txbum. I think I have a job thats perfect for you[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]! You can assist the Welcome Wagonmaster, Mrs Glover. All you have to do is say "welcome" to the new arrivals and then point at the Glover's Somerset E3 pup and say "good food that way when you're ready." Then go sit back down and relax. You up for it?
    [:D]

Glad you made it in Captainkdp! Welcome!

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hiya txnightsky! The shelters do have a few parking spots in front. It sure couldn't hurt to call and ask the office if you could use your pup there. They are even nicer than the usual State Park rangers so it would not surprise me. There's only a regular outlet and a distant faucet so no hook-ups if I had to guess. But there IS the Jacales loop thats a half mile down the road in a quiet corner of the park that will have electric and water sites. Id probably get a site there so I'd have air conditioning at night and could sneak out when Phoodie starts streaking through everyones campsite again.[/font] :kiss: [/SIZE][/size][/font]

2. Txbum

Txbum Pop up, Pop Top, Chill....Ahhhh

Looking forward to it....Jane is ready....I have been told...I will be the dishwasher [LOL]....picker upper....coffee maker...gopher...she is there to visit ,relax and fish...Yes Mam!!! Ahhh I can smell the mid night coffee and grill....she has bought for me a camping apron..... [?:~{] Txbum

3. rosepetal

rosepetal I would rather be camping!

I found the following description under screened shelters on the Goliad State Park website:

People per Site: 8 Number of Sites: 5
    Close to all activities and historical structures. Louvered windows around half of the shelter. Tents and small pop-ups RVs are allowed outside the shelters. . Pets are not allowed inside shelters and must be kept outside on a leash and not left unattended.
    Water
    Outside fire ring with grill
    Outside upright adjustable grill
    20/30/50-amp electric hookup outside
    Electric outlet inside
    Lights & ceiling fan inside
    Picnic table inside & outside
    Lantern post
    Restrooms with showers nearby
    More ยป

4. Ryanincc

THANK YOU ROSE!

5. txnightsky

txnightsky New Member

Thanks for the clarification. We will most likely make our way there, but still have a few logistical challenges to work out. Our nephew will be graduating the week of Memorial Day and some family will be coming in. Need to confirm dates and times first, but we hope to make it out for this event.

Thanks,
    Mike

Attached Files:

6. lonestarcamper

lonestarcamper A smile is worth a 1000 words!

Sounds like catered meals will be difficult! I vote for group pot luck too. How about Sat dinner and Sunday brunch? Italian dishes maybe Sat? I'm easy.

7. Txbum

Lonestarcamper, sounds great to me......how did you survive the flooding in Houston...pup ok? Txbum

8. lonestarcamper

I am dry, but it was close. I had to pick up 50 pound landscape stones and move them out for rain to drain at 5:30 am in the Lightning storm. Back to that drawing board!
    How about you guys?

9. lonestarcamper

Definitely willing to help out with any stuff needed. I got the long tables, 42 cup coffee pot, and lots of time I hope. Unless they have us make up two cancelled school days due to this rain we got here.
    Tx bum,
    Most everybody likes Italian, right? Even the kiddos like lasagna and spaghetti! A few offers of that, salads, and garlic bread and we got a big Italian pot luck. I'll make dessert too!

Ryan,
    Let us know what you think about that for Sat evening meal.
    Robin

10. Txbum

Sounds good to me.

11. Merlin14

Merlin14 Active Member

After the rains in the Houston area and the related flooding, Stacy and I won't be able to make the rally. I will release my site on Thursday about 9 am, so someone here can get it.

Stacy and I had no flood damage of any sort, but I work for the school district. There were two snow days built in, and tomorrow makes three taken. It will have to be made up, and Memorial Day weekend was the pre-selected day. There will be one additional day needed, so most likely it will be that Saturday.

We'll miss all ya'll, that's for sure.

Merlin

12. Txbum

Merlin, so sorry to ear that, but we understand. We were so looking forward to visiting with you and Stacy. Txbum

13. lonestarcamper

Hey Merlin,
    I heard Texas gave you a waiver for 2 days. Does that make it possible to keep your reservations and join us?

14. Ryanincc

Italian is an excellent idea for Sat Night potluck. Let's go ahead and do that.

Go ahead and pick your potluck when convenient, everyone. I'll keep a list going.

I'll make some spaghetti I think. Maybe we could have a cook-off like we did with the chili at the sweetheart rally? Best pasta dish?

Local breakfast tacos catered for Sunday morning sound ok to all? Collecting money Friday for a sat morning might be tricky with late arrivals.

15. phoodieman

phoodieman Active Member

Good for us. I've been working on a fresh pesto sauce so an Italian theme is perfect to try this one out.

Phoodieman

16. Txbum

Morning everyone, looks and sounds like a good time and good eats to be had..
    I'm so ready for this. Ryan , I have the banner and plan to take some goodies to give away as camp prizes. We have some prizes for the younger ones as well. Any one interested in the kids having a little parade around the loop we are in. The kids could ride their bikes or walk waving flags in honor of Memorial day.Txbum.....what's for dessert?

17. Ryanincc

That's a great idea Txbum about the parade! I saw some neat red white and blue type glow stuff at the dollar store that would be great to do a 7pm parade around the loop. Maybe some kazoos for some patriotic songs for the kids. I could maybe even strum chords for everyone to sing together with them.

Bob Pitney, owner of Popupgizmos.com, also sent me a goodie box for the rally and I suspect popupsteve will to. I also have a couple things to contribute like portal stickers and maybe a pup drain vent attachment if someone can use it.

18. lonestarcamper

Put Billy and me down for lasagna :) Guess we can all dress up in our patriotic duds huh?

19. Txbum

Please display your USA , Texas and military service flags, [:D]....Txbum....Jane is at again buying goodies for the kids....his weekend, get the camper ready.....new led lights, grease the wheels, spring cleaning....so ready...

20. Ryanincc

I just spoke with PopUpSteve and he is going to make an official thread for us soon. Then the potluck list will be easier to update and current for all to see. But keep posting your potluck items if you know what you want to do.

Txbum, where'd you get your LEDs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.