Thank you and good night...

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by JT2, Sep 9, 2017.

1. JT2

JT2 Member

Hi all,

With the sale today of my Coleman Williamsburg, I'll be ending my regular participation in the Forum. The camper went to a delightful family in a town not too far away, and they promised to take good care of it. Their son is completely over the moon about it. I also strongly recommended that the new owners join the Portal here to get info and advice.

My camping days are pretty much over, brought on by both my advancing years and the death of my wife last year. Although I loved it, the Williamsburg is just too big for one person to easily set-up and strike. I'm still active and attend a lot of outdoor events but unlocking a motel door is easier than setting up the camper or a tent (and a lot more expensive!) I'll check in here every now and then but without a Pop-up I won't feel part of the conversation.

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone here for their knowledge, helpful attitude and generally friendly demeanor. If you're on other forums you may know that those characteristics are in generally short supply. Campers are the best people. As well, I hope my infrequent posts helped somebody with a problem along the line.

Newcomers and recent members here are reminded that 1) there are no stupid questions, 2) you're not the only one with that particular problem or question, and 3) there's a ton of accumulated knowledge both in the old posts and the member's heads. Always ask!
    Everyone is reminded that the Portal costs money to run...support the sport! Throw a log on the fire and send Steve a check! Every bit helps!

Back to you in the studio.

Peace
    Jim Taylor/ JT2

Redbird934, xxxapache and thethird152 like this.
  2. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Good luck, hope to see you around

3. Daisy on my toe

Daisy on my toe Active Member

Gool luck with your new adventures.

4. terry1419

terry1419 Active Member

It's probably little consolation for you but we are all on the same journey headed to the same place. It's just a matter of time. You have had many fulfilling camping experiences and have met many wonderful fellow campers. I hope that you can continue to appreciate nature and enjoy the outdoors in whatever form suits you.
    You can still be an important member of this forum because your knowledge and experience can benefit others, especially the newbies.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    tfischer likes this.
  5. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

You will always be welcome in all conversations. You have years of experience and knowledge, don't let all that go to waste. People here need to know your opinion on things, so stop in frequently, and chime in.

6. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

The door is never locked and the light is always on, stop by anytime and share some "post PUP" stories with us.

7. KSK79

KSK79 New Member

Hello all! We are the family that purchased the pop up from Jim. I must say, we met him in person this weekend, and one could not ask for a more friendly, genuine, sweet, wonderful man to do business with. We are going to keep in touch and make sure to send lots of pictures an updates. This is our first pop-up and our 9 year old son is THRILLED that we have it. We feel so honored that Jim has trusted us to treasure the memories he made in the camper and allow us to add our own memories. We now consider him part of our extended family. <3

8. JT2

JT2 Member

[*blushes*]
    Aw, gee. Thanks!

/JT

KSK79 likes this.
  9. campagain

campagain Active Member

JT, don't turn your back on camping!! Get a cheap mini trailer that you don't have to set up and keep going! Camping has truly saved my life. After a very unexpected divorce, and not being able to meet someone new, I decided to return to camping, and get my kids into it. It has really saved me and given me something to look forward to again. Don't bail!

tfischer likes this.
  10. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Mr. Jim Taylor,

Don't forget your own point #3 for the newcomers! You may have sold your PUP, but you didn't sell your knowledge and wisdom. Your experience has great value. You will always be part of the PUP family and your participation here at the Portal is always welcome.

J Starsky likes this.
  11. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Best of luck to you Jim. Hope you stick around and share your wisdom with others, and hope you find a way to stay camping.