The Camper you hate

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by zzoomz, Mar 19, 2015.

1. zzoomz

zzoomz New Member

After lurking in the shadows for the last year I have come to the conclusion I am the camper everyone hates.
    I have fires which produce smoke.... Don't they all? I ALWAYS bring my kids (they have Bicycles,skate boards, scooters etc.) but they are well behaved and don't run around like a bunch of hooligans. I bring my noisy generator but only run it for a couple of hours in the afternoon to charge the battery. I have a Blue Tooth speaker box with music going all the time but very rarely can you hear it at the edge of our site. I stay up late and drink beer but don't disturb others or make noise after quite time. My wife will run around in a bikini top or tight T shirt and sometimes she doesn't wear a bra... however she has a STELLER rack!! I give unsolicited advice to people I don't know.... sometimes I am being nice and other times some people are just dumb a**es and just need to be set straight. I cook in my pup sometimes and even eat in it. my dog is always on gaurd but she doesn't make a sound. These are the things I have found most everyone complains about.
    If you can put up with all of the above you are more then welcome at my camp site to sit share a beer and swap stories. If you don't like my ways F*$# off!!! I'm not bugging you! [:D]
    Have a nice day!

astronomynv likes this.
  2. efehser

efehser New Member

Come on down and grab the site next to mine. The cooler is full, the wood is probably wet and gonna smoke, and I might start a squirt gun war with your kids!

3. Nandy

Nandy Active Member

I try not to be any of those but you can camp next to my site any time.

4. BushwickBill

BushwickBill Member

when I saw the title on this one I said to myself not this one again thinking they would be talking about me as I do most of these things even loudly sometimes, but I only boondock no campgrounds for me I am not going to pay for more rules I find a spot away by myself if someone comes and sets up by me and I bother them that's there problem not mine. glad I'm not the only one who feels this way

5. jbyrd

jbyrd New Member

Oh my God...you mean have fun??? How dare you have fun? I need to figure out how to get my wife to walk around in a bikini top while I drink beer.

6. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

Sooo.... what kind of beer do you drink and when will you be camping down in Southern Ontario. I'm within rock throwin' distance from there. You are exactly my kind of camping neighbor.

7. Wingo

Wingo New Member

Sounds familiar, I drink Grain Belt, come on over and have one and shoot the s**t anytime. Sounds like my kind of fun.

8. Novarich

Novarich Active Member Gold Supporting Member

You'd fit in just fine in my neck of the woods. Lol happy camping

9. zorak

zorak Member

Well , camping is all about relaxation isn't it? Whats wrong with the kids playing and just beind kids, relaxing by the campfire with a cold one in your hand while admiring your wifes " more than ample" bosom? Sounds like my idea of a perfect weekend!

10. zzoomz

zzoomz New Member

It sounds like many of you are on the same page as I am. I knew I couldn't be the only who felt this way. You my friends are welcome to my campfire anytime to share a frosty adult beverage, oh and by the way I drink Keiths Pale Ale. Now, bring on the summer [8D]

11. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

Am I really going to be the first to ask you to post pictures of your wife...camper?

We do all of the things when camping as you, except my wife wouldn't walk around in a bikini anymore. Lol

12. zzoomz

zzoomz New Member

I would love to post pics of my wife on here...... HOWEVER if she found out I did thatshe would severely kick my a$* and cut me off for a few weeks. You know how women are!

13. efehser

efehser New Member

Happy wife, happy life!

14. Mazauk75

Mazauk75 Member

Everything you described, Zoom, is what camping is supposed to be IMHO. I CANT STAND the people who treat campgrounds as a hotel with the same rules. Camping to me is getting away from societal norms, relaxing, unwinding, meeting new people and having fun with complete strangers that will likely become great friends. That involves making a little noise, drinking some,frosty beverages (alcoholic or not), and jammin to good tunes (I prefer Stevie Ray Vaughan).

Come camp next to me and my crew anytime, brother, I'm into stouts, lagers, and craft beers, though I wouldn't turn down a Keith's, and I'll bet my wife's rack is better than yours, lol!

15. drosengrant

drosengrant One Day at a Time

I meet all the qualifications except one I don't drink anymore. I quess I can't hang out with you guys and gals. [:(]

16. mandl

mandl Member

drosengrant.....you are always welcome at our campfire!!! We are respnsible campers and know when we need a designated driver.

mandl

17. drosengrant

drosengrant One Day at a Time

I would be willing to drive you back to your Campsite. [:D]

18. BigDogLittleDog

BigDogLittleDog Member

I would hope your wife's rack is better that his!! [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

19. tstowe

tstowe New Member

You had me at STELLAR rack... Make all the noise you want.

20. egapylime

egapylime Member

I meet all the qualifications, but I do let my kids run loose. They come back around eventually. They never make trouble, just love to explore. And they know the number one rule of camping - never walk through someone else's property!

Furthermore - I do everything I can to avoid wearing a bra while camping. They just act like a giant sponge in the heat anyway.