The Covid Virus inspired RV sales boom.

Toedtoes

Super Active Member
May 28, 2018
California
It was inappropiate according to the forum rules, so yes I did have the right. And apparently someone else thought it was inappropriate as it was deleted. Abd again, I did not report it.

Adam H

Aug 22, 2015
California
I'm just curious, when there is an established name for the the virus and another for the disease it causes, what the point of calling it the "China Virus" was other than being racist?
Same reason the 1918 flu was called the Spanish Flu, the 1968-69 flu was called the Hong Kong flu. In all honesty I don’t think the name should be limited to “China Flu.” This should be China Virus 5 or 6 or 7 and numbered accordingly every couple of years as China keeps sending us these gifts.

NMroamer

Super Active Member
Apr 21, 2016
Albuquerque NM
Didn't take long to derail this thread. RV dealers here are having a sales boom.
Like so many newbies here people are buying everything from an old pop-up to a new Class A motor home.
Waiting for the time when they are in over their heads and are not ready for the experience.
Some cheap RVs for sale.

vagov

Super Active Member
Aug 13, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
My sister calls me , says she now wants to buy a TT, so looking for a 26-28 ft bunkhouse, they are selling like hot cakes, out as fast as dealers are getting them in . I told her she should wait until this covid situation. Slows down.as I too feel. There will be a lot of people who bought trailers trying to get out of them a year from now. But who knows? But she wants one now So we continue to look , so at least she sees the different floor plans and decides on what she likes or not, a lot of the used fiberglass sided trailers I see. Look bad, only a few years old. (5-6 years) and a lot of delamination due to glue separation, poor quality in my opinion, I do like the look of the smooth sided sidewalls, however it’s a shame you pay high money for these new, and only a few years later. Most of them delaminate

Orchid

Sharp Shootin' Grandma
May 8, 2011
Florida by way of WV and MD
My wife is on a WV camping FB page.
So many posts on there about "can I get my 38ft TT into this remote campsite?"

No, you can't.
Then it devolves into whining about how the road in shouldn't be that tight, should be fixed/widened, and so on.
This is why I have a pop up, and why I won't get anything over about 24 ft ever.

I love that many state parks have sites and roads that were built too long ago to accommodate monster rigs! I hope they always stay that way. People with giant rigs can go stay in RV parks!