The end of my popup era

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by ALICAM, Jul 6, 2009.

1. ALICAM

ALICAM Member

Well, I finally sold my Dutchmen 1203 pup and it went to its new owner this afternoon to enjoy its new found life with a new family....we bought it new in 1997 and enjoyed it immensely for many years but last fall I finally went over to the dark side and bought my 2009 Rockwood Roo 19 and we are taking it to Inverhuron Prov. Park this coming weekend although we used it a couple of times last fall. We will miss the Dutchmen but will hold dearly the memories we had of usisng it and we have many photos to remind us of it down the road....I will still frequent this forum, however, it will be not as a pup owner...please do not disown me...lol...sincerely....Alicam

2. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

Congrats on the new purchase and try and remember where you came from. You can wave when no one is looking. Enjoy the new rig.

3. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Glad your pup went to someone who'll make good use of it. Hopefully you mentioned this site to the new owners :) .

Also glad your going to stick around, we need all the Canucks we can get on here. [:D] .

4. ALICAM

ALICAM Member

Actually I did give the website to the new owner and told him if he had any questions (besides the ones he asked me) he could come here for answers....I said it was one big campground here and everyone helped if they could [:)C]

5. Luv2ridebikes

Luv2ridebikes New Member

Including you (help that is) so hang around!

Congratulations on the new camper.

6. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Thats a great camper! Congrats.

7. KatPrincess

KatPrincess I like it to still be mooin'!

We adore this website and have told everyone we meet about it. I have not found a better camping forum on the internet yet!
    We don't own a PU anymore either and I still return here to read and write. The info is priceless!!

8. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

ALLICAM
    Please let me know how you like the Roo. DW stopped at the dealer today to get some things and brought home some brochures. I feel my wallet shaking in my pants.

9. Mr Zip

Mr Zip Member

No Worries you still have some canvas>>>

Congrats on the New ROO.

Post some PIX [CAM]

10. Daduv3Boys

Daduv3Boys American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God!

We looked at the Roo 233. It has 3 fold out beds! We couldn't believe it. It looked pretty sweet.

11. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Congrats on the new trailer. I'm sure your ol pup will bring new memories to a new family!!

12. binky

binky New Member

Great response Alicam.....never heard it put that way, but we are on a big virtual campground here and we do help one another out.

Last week or so at Chippokes, I helped two families move to other sites due to electrical problems on their site.. One was in a PUP, the other in a MH...they were friends camping together and both families appreciated the help given during the middle of their trip. Though I recieved thanks from both families, one of the DW's (pup owners) came over later and again thanked my DW for my help. :)

The MH folks were probably just as nice, but besides electrical issues at the site they also faced a blown inverter. This resulted in a service call to a dealer about 40 miles away.....at night. [:(] I know they weren't overly happy at the time.....to be expected.

We as campers, especially PUP owners need to help one another out. Never know when you might break down on the road...or in a campground and need assistance [MOD] from your neighbor. I try to keep a lookout for downed campers on the side of the road and will lend my help if I can safely stop.

I think for the most part, most campers ...be it tent, popup or travel trailers are pretty down to earth folks and are willing to lend a hand. Big motorhomes may be a different story.....not trying to start a debate, but once the big MH rolls into the CG....you see no activity around it. The slides come out and thats all you get.

Alicam, enjoy your new camper.....you are still welcome here.

13. Buzz

Buzz New Member

Congrats on the purchase Alicam - I have a question.

What do you use for a TV? I noticed a Ford Minivan? We are considering purchasing something similar but have been warned away as it would overload my minivan.

Do you have any problems or had to make any special modifications? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

B

14. cksteele

cksteele now where did i put that hot dog

Congrats on the new hybrid as they are called. The wife and i went that way 2 years ago now and have never looked back. All the convinences of a tt with the canvas of a pup.

15. ALICAM

ALICAM Member

We use a Windstar 3.8l ...it tows good, and have not had any problems while towing....there are always a bunch of naysayers out there that will tell you otherwise...usually they are a bunch of diesel belching trucks with tires that are 4 feet high..lol

16. Buzz

Buzz New Member

Congrads on the purchase Alicam, I chickened out and bought another PUP (2007 Jayco 1008). Maybe when I get my next vehicle I will consider it - ten years or so in the future.

Let me know how you like it and if there are any probs. Have fun...

B