The Future Looks Bright...

Discussion in 'PopUpPortal TV' started by DSCinVegas, Feb 9, 2011.

1. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

WOW,
    Now that's what I call a cool PUP/Hybrid/RV.. well, take your pick. haha

V W future camper

(I love how the front seat becomes a ladder up to the roof and that swing out kitchen! Check out the solar cell roof-- they could start adding that onto PUPS!

Another edition:

VW Camper Concept

2. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

The problem with something like that is the problem all MHs have in common: you have to tear up camp every time you want to go somewhere. That's why the big ones often tow a small vehicle or carry motorbikes. For my needs the camper must be towable and detachable.

3. KJcachers

KJcachers Active Member

not really looking to climb a ladder to go to bed either. I am way too old for that crap!

4. Luv2ridebikes

Luv2ridebikes New Member

But it is clever! [2C]

5. DSCinVegas

DSCinVegas New Member

I was just sharing a concept that I thought was really cool--- for sure, we all have our preferences and what works best for our lifestyle...

However, you could definitely tow a Smart Car with this or a double trailer with a couple of Vespas loaded on it. Also If you notice--- there are beds on both levels.

And no, I do not work for VW. [:D]

6. real lite virgin

real lite virgin Rob,Suzanne & Jessie - Black Lab

They are both pretty cool, thanks for sharing [8D]
    Suzanne

7. GetOutSide

GetOutSide Let's go get lost...

One of the reasons I gave up my Technitop (other than it only fits 2.1 people, ahem) is the dogs can't climb a ladder. (not vertical anyway.)

And I just can't fit in a smartcar. Cool though.

8. sandyaker

sandyaker Rock Hill, SC

That's why I will probably never consider a conventional MH. I often camp in places as just a place to sleep while doing other stuff away from camp. I like being able to drive my truck where and when I need to.
    If I was to ever consider a MH it would definitely be something smaller such as a VW or something similar. Most of the places I camp could not accommodate a larger MH anyway.
    Scott

9. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

Those VW bus campers have been around for awhile that's for sure! Years ago I knew a couple that toured the country in one of them and they usually stayed in one place for maybe for a night or two. I often wondered how they managed some of those Rocky Mountain passes with the little sewing machine engine they had in VW's those days ... but they did!

Sort of reminds me of an old fella we had in our flyfishing/camping group (and no longer with us), who had about every kind of RV one time or another ... TT, 5th wheel, popup ... and he finally ended up having a pick-up truck with a color matching fiberglass camper shell and had that set up as his "bedroom" - even installed a roof vent just like what's in my Starcraft, even had window screens. To keep his campsite he would pitch a small 8'X 8' dome tent, which also served as his "storage shed", and he would be free to use his truck to roam around looking for fishing spots during the day. Had to give him his due, that truck/camper shell was set up in the very essence of efficiency ... he could set-up camp or pack it back up faster than any of us with what we had!

10. Noni

Noni See ya' out there !

it is an nice old concept converted into more technological view !

11. Steve A

Steve A A bad day camping beats a great day at work!

I'm impressed! That's freakin' brilliant.