THE OFFICIAL CAMPING or RVING HIGHLY ACCURATE (+/- 3%) WORLD WIDE VOTE

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by tfalter, Aug 21, 2011.

AS Puppers... when we go out to do what we do... are we camping or RVing...

Poll closed Sep 4, 2011.
  1. There is no doubt in my mind we are Camping!

88.9%
  2. There is no doubt in my mind we are RVing!

5.5%
  3. I don't think we fall in either catagory...

5.5%
  1. tfalter

tfalter I MUST work, so I CAN play

[:D] [:D] Okay, lets settle this question once and for all, so that we can all sleep again at night... you have to vote to see the results...

and remember... the fate of the pupping community rests on this highly technical vote ! ! !

2. colorado_camper

colorado_camper Member

Having been a tent camper since my teenage years until I bought my first PUP in my early 40s, I thought I had become an RVer at that point. The Portal has shown me that I was wrong in that assumption and I have now reverted back to complete independence from hook-ups so have gone much more in the direction of tent camping.

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

You might consider turning this around. By that I mean asking the owners of Class A MHs if they think people with PUPs are camping or RVing. I suspect they'd say people with PUPs are campers.

4. Mosbyranger

Mosbyranger Onward, thru the fog...

Ahhh...definitions. I am definitely recreating when I use my PUP. I consider it to be a vehicle, therefore I am an RV'er by my own definition. The form may be different than the guy in the Motorhome, or the guy in the Trailmanor, or the guy in the 5th wheel, but are we not really doing the same thing? Are we not in the same campground? Are we not all camping? I may be real glad that I get 16 mpg to the site, he may be glad that he has a microwave. Should we look down our noses at each other for our perceived superiority's over each other? Nah, life is too short for that sort of thinking. It's all good no matter what you are tooling around in.
    MR

5. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

That was a tough vote, i voted for Riving but when you look at it we are doing both. it does not matter what type of RV you have wether you have a tent to the biggest RV your still camping.

6. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Active Member

I just voted...camping. As an interesting side note the banner ad was a "gorving.com" ad. I have seen their ad's on the tube and noticed that they include some images of PUPs now. Five years ago that never would have happened but I guess with the rising fuel costs and lower TT,5er and MH sales they have decided that while we may be the red headed step child we are still a step child so they could piggy back on us until the economy turns around.

7. Eagle85

Eagle85 New Member

Being a tent camper for the first 40 yrs of my life I thought that having a pop up would be RVing. After looking at a couple of TT's and a 5er I realize that I am still camping. When I finally crossover to the dark side I will be happy to say that I am RVing.

A pop up is nothing more than a tent on wheels with a heater and a/c. It does make camping a little easier but, it is still camping.

8. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

I said RVer because we hardly camped until buying the PUP.

9. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I'm camping in comfort.

10. gwm

gwm New Member

I think it is some of both for many of us. For instance, I love the flexibility of going to a remote location someplace and setting up and just camping out for awhile. However, at times, I need to just travel from point A to point B (going to see grandchildren etc) and then I use my pup as a kind of motel room on wheels, spend a quick night someplace in around 6, sleep, up early and gone on my way early in the morning. I use the full hookups etc. and stay in "parking lot" campgrounds" because it is easy and they are located "on the way" to where I am headed.

11. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Camping off the ground [8D]

12. Dusty82

Dusty82 Active Member

We don't do anything different whether we're in a tent or in a pup, with the exception of sleeping on the ground. I figure we still set up our cooking area the same way, still set up the fire ring the same way, do the same activities, and have the same fun. The only difference is we walk into the pup and sleep on a mattress vs. crawling into the tent and sleeping on the ground. So either way we're still camping. DW says that RVers basically take their houses with them. If she wanted to take her house someplace, she might as well stay home.

13. tfalter

Well I said RVing, because to my thinking... you never see the things in a tent that I have in my PUP... bathroom (okay you can have a porta potty)... shower inside, stove, microwave, cable, sink, garbage disposal, dishwasher, home theater.... okay, I am just pulling your leg on the GD, DW, HT... wouldn't that be something to stick those in a pup...

Anyway... I got totally board with tent camping and am looking forward to not getting board with puping...

I saw the latest ads in print for the Jayco, Coleman (RIP), Rockwood... and they want you to think RV with better gas milage...

Anyway... I say RVing, yep me and two others think RVing...

14. bobnvic

bobnvic New Member

I gotta agree with Dusty82. Other than where we lay our heads, what's the difference. If you never come out of your shelter then you are RVing.

15. wolfcat1

wolfcat1 New Member

" If ya have to pick up your dogs poop in a little plastic bag..your RVing...if you don't ..your camping" Not my original thought, I read this somewhere ..can't remember where .....before, but think it sums up the quandary properly. [:D]Wolfie [:D]

16. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

What do you do with a camper? Why you go camping, of course. [:D]

Chip

17. tfalter

Thank you for my quote of the day... now I can tell my wife in the best southern drawl that I can muster (Being from West "by gollie" Virginia), "Honey, no more picken up Fido's crap in that bag or we'll be one of them thar RV'ers... let er crap on the ground like God intended and just leave it, cause were campers and proud of it ! ! ! Boom Boom Boom... (sorry that was the sound of the gun shooting in the air....)

I love it...

18. Yooperwannabe

Yooperwannabe Active Member

There is no doubt in my mind that when my family goes in the popup, we are camping. But the popup is an RV. It makes no difference what you are in, camping is a state of mind. When some people are in a popup, they are RVing, traveling. The chose a place and park over night and move on. The purpose of their trip is not to "camp" as much as it is get to a destination. Now they may "camp" once they get to that destination but until then they are RVing. At the same time, people who have TTs or MoHos may also be camping. We also must remember that "camping" means different things to different people.

19. poncho62

poncho62 New Member

I put camping because you didn't give the choice of...."Who gives a rat's rear?".....lol

20. jeeper88

jeeper88 Let's go Camping and Jeepin

I said camping, because rving is driving ur house around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!