The Party's Over..... Camping Season 2011 Is In The Books

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by themanfromvan, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Don_Bev1972

Don_Bev1972 You're never too old to have a happy childhood!

Our season goes on... since we got our rig in April, we've done 41 nights in 8 states, travelling about 6000 miles. Just back from 4 days at Cedars of Lebanon where it was 35 degrees two of the nights. On the 14th we're off to Florida for a week camping at Cypress Cove ( a nudist resort). We hope to do some camping through the winter. Down here it's mild enough to never really stop camping.

2. jeffanddeb

jeffanddeb New Member

Beautiful pics. Sorry to hear your season is over. Ours is just beginning down south. You guys up north can live your off season vicariously thru us [SUN]

3. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Just got back from our last trip of the season in the Nova. We went up to Ludington State Park in Ludington Mi. Also checked out the Noordhouse Dunes Recreation Area that is just North of Ludington State Park. Both are beautiful areas. Noordhouse has a National Forest (rustic) campground that is really nice. First time we have been to check that one out. Ludington S.P. is one of our (and everyone else it seems) favorite Michigan State Parks. Here are a few shots from the trip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still hope to get out a few more times with our Jayco trailer but guess it depends on the weather. It's been a great year!

4. themanfromvan

themanfromvan Van, PA - Near The PA Wilds

Just lookin' at the rest of your pictures, novagirl. Beautiful camper. Awesome condition for an '86. Obviously well taken care of.

[​IMG]

5. FC

FC Central Florida

Just beginning here. Great pics though.

6. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Thanks, manfromvan. It was garage kept by the original owners since new. We are the second owners. They traded it in on a hybrid and we bought it. I wanted something vintage because that's what I like. We have a 2010 Jayco 28BHS trailer so I had to do some convincing of my husband that we needed another trailer. lol He likes it now and it gives us the options of fitting into a lot of sites that the trailer is too big to go on. Have enjoyed owning it this year and plan on doing a lot more with it next season. :) [PUC]

7. themanfromvan

Well..... now it's OFFICIALLY over. I took all the stuff out of the camper yesterday. It'll probably go to my Mom's garage tomorrow or next weekend.

8. jlynn58

jlynn58 Active Member

Going Monday for 4 days @ Dillon State Park in Ohio . It will be last camp of the year for us. I just want to sit and enjoy the fall season.
    Keep On Camping !!!

9. themanfromvan

A few more 2011 hightlights.............

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:) :) [:D] [:D]

10. FC

FC Central Florida

Great pics Dave. How's that Trailblazer working out for you as a TV?

11. themanfromvan

The TB rocks !!! [TV] Longer wheelbase means I no longer feel like I'm getting pushed around by that camper with no brakes. 7 passenger seating means we can spread the kids out to minimize the bickering. DVD player keeps Robert occupied on trips. And...... drum roll please........ it even gets better gas mileage than my smaller Blazer !!! Granted, I wish it got 25, but 16 is respectable for a vehicle that size. I love it !!!!!!!!

12. MA_Kev

MA_Kev New Member

At least one more trip this year. Next week for a few days of leaf peepin' in Killington VT. Might try to manage a trip out to Cape Cod in late October/ early November though...