The Pines Campground

Discussion in 'Massachusetts' started by chiefdawg, Mar 16, 2015.

1. chiefdawg

chiefdawg New Member

Just wanted to give a review of our favorite campground, The Pines in Ashby, MA. My wife and I have been going there since 2001. We go out a bit early in the season and it is usually a bit cold, April in New England tends to be. The grounds are well maintained, the renovation to the main Bath house is nice. Not a upscale campsite for sure but has all the things you would want. The camp owner Paul has the place pretty well laid out with the seasonal separated from the weekenders. They also have a tents only part in the back which I hear is nice although we haven't ventured back there.

2. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

I mean no disrespect but why would you drive all the way from NC to camp there in April. April is cold and there isn't much in that area to see or do. There must be more to the story.

3. Genie2010

Genie2010 Active Member

Is the Pines a year round campground?

4. chiefdawg

chiefdawg New Member

My wife and I lived in NH for 7 years. We have a group that goes camping there in April. It is usually cold so as I said a lot of the amenities are closed. However when we lived up there before our PUP days we camped there during the summer as a night away in a tent and always had a great time. There are areas that are year round at the campground.

5. TomSwenson

TomSwenson New Member

DW and I have camped at the Pines, most recently about a month ago. It's not a fancy place, by any means. But the owners are nice and do a pretty good job managing the place. It's a nice place to go and very close to home for us. Just 15 minutes up the road.

Besides camping in a PUP, I am also a hammock camper. For the past two years the New England Hammock Hangers held their Spring Swing hammock hang in the tenting area. Paul (the owner) has been wonderful working with our group. He donated a gift certificate for a two-day stay for our raffle. The proceeds benefitted the Wounded Warrior Project. Just goes to show you what nice people they are.