The PUP is Sold

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by generok, Apr 13, 2018.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Well, my journey to the Dark Side is nearly complete. I sold the PUP last night.

I posted it on Craigslist for $2,200 and got calls instantly. In fact, I got into a bidding war, and ended up selling it for $2,500! So, that's not bad considering I bought it for $1,800 five years ago. I wouldn't say I MADE money, given the tires, batteries, paint, welding repair and so on, but I did get more than I was asking.

Ultimately, I had over 15 folks ask to come see it in less than 12 hours of posting and it was sold and gone in less than 24 hours. I guess I should have listed it for $3,000!

I didn't even wash the outside from storage! I honestly wasn't expecting the response I got, but glad it went to someone so excited to get it.

So long old friend, you kept us warm and dry (except for popping up and down) for five years. The DW and I are excited to move on to the next chapter though.
    20140619_203433.jpg

2. penny

penny Well-Known Member

Congratulations! We sold ours today too!

3. Kittyhawksurf

Kittyhawksurf Work, family, surf, eat, camp.

That is so cool! Good luck on your search for the next camper.

4. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Congrats and camp on!

generok likes this.
  5. cityfrank

cityfrank New Member

Same experience for me. Is it ok that my nearly 300lb frame broke into tears when the new owners pulled it away?

I posted the PUP on craigslist just to see if I would get interest and I got 22 emails before I went to bed that night! ended up selling it for what I asked to a nice family looking to start with a relatively inexpensive PUP to get their feet wet for a few years to see if it is something they want to do seriously. Just like us 8 years ago!

I kept talking to them, telling them stuff as we did the walk-around. I eventually got the feeling that they had enough of me yapping and wanted to get on their way. I think I stopped them 3 times as they were trying to leave giving them some more tidbits and quirks about the trailer.

I kept the license plate and plan to frame it and put it on the wall with a nice pic of the family.

6. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing pics of the new rig!!

7. generok

generok Well-Known Member

20180413_164057.jpg 20180413_164113.jpg 20180413_202442.jpg

All backed in and powered up. Used every bit of driveway I have!

jnc likes this.
  8. Tebpac

Tebpac Member

Congrats! I'm just getting ready to post our Popup on craigslist as well. Hoping it goes just as fast.

9. xvz12

xvz12 Well-Known Member

When I bought our pup, early last year, it had been on CL for less than 15 minutes when I called to inquire about it. Since it was an hours drive away, the sellers agreed to hold it for me till I could get off work & go see it. When I got there 6 hours later, they said that they had 11 different buyers wanting to see it. I went with cash in my pocket, & after crawling over, under, & inside of it, we made a deal, the PO walked me thru setup & takedown, we hitched up to it, & drove it home....it was listed on CL for less than 8 hours total...lol

BelchFire likes this.
  10. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Wow generok - you ain't messin' around!! Looks awesome!

11. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Congrats on the sale of the PUP, getting more than you paid for it is really great (usually people want you to lower the price. Also congrats on going to the dark side. You will love the dark side but will also miss the PUP that you had so many adventures in. Good Luck and Happy Camping