The Tease!

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by bondebond, Sep 12, 2012.

1. bondebond

bondebond New Member

Sunday Night
    Myself: I'm getting the "itch". It's been a while...
    DW: Let's go camping this weekend.
    Myself - satisfied with that answer.
    Off to bed.

Monday Night
    Start the PUP prep - plug it into shore power, start gathering the goodies, finish a mod to add pipe insulation to the hot water lines to help reduce heat loss in between quick uses of the hot water (hoping to reduce gray water accumulation as a result).
    Off to bed.

Tuesday Night
    Conduct a meeting for parent orientation. Zip home.
    Finish up the next round of house kitchen tiling project so we can use the dishwasher, then out the door to continue prep on the PUP. Got the fridge powered up, attached the blue tote to travel position, other misc. prep items.
    Off to bed.

Wednesday Morning
    DW: *sniff* *sniffle* *cough* I think I'm sick.
    Myself: Shall we go without you?
    (This is a normal and acceptable response in our house, as it gives her time to recover without the younglings circling about).
    DW: No. *sniff* We should cancel. You can help friend X move on Saturday, attend DD's soccer game that morning, take the kids to the fair, work on the kitchen floor some more, have the family over that we were going to invite before we were going camping and attend the service project after church Sunday morning.
    Myself: As you wish, my master. (imagine the voice of Darth Vader)
    Shuffle out to the PUP, turn off the fridge, unplug the shore power, turn the battery kill switch to off, button it all back up.
    Cry myself to sleep.

Sigh.

2. Joeman

Joeman New Member

Man I feel so bad for you both. [:(]
    I can tell how ready are for a camping trip. I also know it really stinks to be sick. I know your DW will be very glad to have you close by her side while she fights this. [:!]
    I believe my wife might even like camping more then me. Well at least just as much.
    Let her get plenty of rest [SNZ] and I bet she will be anxious to go.

3. bondebond

bondebond New Member

Thankfully she is feeling better. Not great, but better. Nothing like feeling [:!] when she can't stop long enough to get better.

4. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Man that stinks, getting all psyched up and then not be able to go. Hope she is feeling better soon.

5. bondebond

bondebond New Member

DW is on the way to good health now - YEAH!

DS is going to spend the afternoon and/or night over at someone's house. So I nudged DD (age 5) this morning before school and asked if she wanted to go camping with Dad at Camp Driveway. She lit up...some Daddy-Daughter time.

It always works out ok in the end, eh?

6. freenaz

freenaz Member

Maybe not the way you wanted or expected but it always does.

Enjoy!!!