The Total Camper Mod

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Grandpa Hiker, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Grandpa Hiker

Grandpa Hiker Member

Check out this amazing re-build ........

http://www.viralnova.com/camper-project/

2. skiball

skiball New Member

Wow!!! What a Great project. I'll bet they have a great sense of accomplishment after that, as they should. Wonderful job... Thanks for sharing.

3. brianbigdogsmith

brianbigdogsmith Camp more Camp more often

Lot of work but its not a PUP

4. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Great work on a darling little Scotty.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

5. Fordiesel250

Fordiesel250 Member

A labor of love!

6. WendyLouWho

WendyLouWho Wendy & Marlin

Love it! A canned ham is on my horizon (after I finish our PUP redo), specifically a Shasta (again, don't ban me, not a PUP, but I am not giving that up either! Love our old Jayco).

Amazing job! Thank you for sharing the site. Great ideas there and I love the countertop.

7. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

That is a great little unit! Love the decor inside!

Thanks for sharing.

Melissa

8. Ken1967

Ken1967 Can't wait to Camp!

Great job! Noticed the counter was broken in while he was wiring... beer behind him! [:D] [HYC]

9. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

I have that vintage 18ft and now I am looking at a vintage Airstream (specifically for Geo-bachelor job). But for camping, it's always my backpack or my pup. If I get the Airstream it is to live in during week for my job.. At a state park of course

CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM.

2000 Land Rover Discovery, loaded with ARB and ready for the end of the world.
    2008 Fleetwood Evolution E3, loaded and ready for the end of the world.
    1967 Heckaman Manufacturing, "Phoenix" 18FT travel trailer.. Beginning of Mobile Man-Cave process.

10. WendyLouWho

Well, you can't tackle that without something like a beer! Well, I suppose some could, but not me, lol.

11. WendyLouWho

And Sumoman, I have mentioned this before but that used to be your sig. Love it! I have Greek/Roman History degree. Love translating the Latin (though it takes me longer than it used to 20+ year ago!).

We had an airstream as a I was growing up and another on our ranch for a while. I adore them. Just don't have the TV power right now.

edited: when we were homeschooling, we made a trebuchet instead. Great party game with golf balls for little boys (obviously, it was a table size trebuchet).

Sheesh, hijacking all over the place. Getting off now.

12. Sumoman

Sumoman New Member

I would not use the Airstream for camping. It would be if the kids wanted to come down for the weekend instead of me coming home, but otherwise it would stay planted for the full term of my orders which is three years. I would find someone here or another forum with a TV that wanted to make some money and camp in the Airstream for a weekend to drop it for me. I am thinking more tiny home then camping.

CATAPULTAM HABEO. NISI PECUNIAM OMNEM MIHI DABIS AD CAPUT TUUM SAXUM IMMANE MITTAM.

2000 Land Rover Discovery, loaded with ARB and ready for the end of the world.
    2008 Fleetwood Evolution E3, loaded and ready for the end of the world.
    1967 Heckaman Manufacturing, "Phoenix" 18FT travel trailer.. Beginning of Mobile Man-Cave process.