Thetford 402C help!

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by bud121156, May 3, 2011.

1. bud121156

bud121156 Western North Carolina

Broke the little stud off the bottom of the blade..... the round lid that opens and closes the waste hole in the potty. Been on the 'net all morning trying to find the part. I can find parts in England and Australia. The dealers I have called around here cannot find the part on their lists. Anybody know where to get parts for a Thetford porta-potty cassette?
    [​IMG]

2. Steve Sorrells

Steve Sorrells New Member

I had the exact same thing happen on our Westlake during our first camping trip this season. Problem is, you can't order just that part...You have to buy the entire mechanism (the round lid with parts attached that attaches to the top of the holding tank). I checked with our local Camping World and the price they quoted me for the mechanism was about $190 [:O]. Then I called the number on the Thetford booklet that came with our camper. I was able to order the part for about $160 directly through them. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that we can't just order that little blade...

If you don't have your Thetford booklet anymore just let me know and I pull mine out of the camper and give you that number.

3. bud121156

I called the dealer I bought my camper from. She took my number, and after contacting Thetford, they called me back . What I was told was exactly what Steve said above, except I was quoted a $220 price. CRAZY! Someone said on RV.NET, they ordered from one of those overseas RV dealers.....took about 3 weeks to get the part....had to pass through Customs.
    I got to thinking how could I rig something to work? What I just finished trying was.......used a tiny drill bit to make a small hole in the center on the stud that was broken. I then wedged a small finishing nail that I ground down to about the correct length, in the hole. It is in the hole rather tight, and worked! Hopefully it will work awhile. May contact one of those overseas suppliers in the meantime to get a new piece.

4. POJV

POJV New Member

I provided Donnie with this information on another site but thought it may help others here also. You can order the part from Leisure Direct; if you go to their web site you can look up the part number and order through email. Becky was very nice and the complete transaction was 20.00.

Phil

Becky Aston
    Leisureshopdirect Ltd.
    Mullacott Industrial Estate, Ilfracombe, Devon, EX34 8PS, United Kingdom
    Web: www.leisureshopdirect.com
    Email: customer.services@leisureshopdirect.com
    Phone: +44(0)845 430 0325

5. bud121156

Thanks again Phil. I gonna order from them.

6. bud121156

I got the return e-mail today from Leisureshopdirect,and as she suggested, made the transaction using PayPal. PayPal converted the 7.99 British Pounds total price into $13.55 US dollars.

Thanks again Phil for saving me ~$200!

7. Steve Sorrells

Wow...I wish I had known we could just order that blade! Oh well...I think I'll order one right now in case mine breaks again. Seeing that Bud and I had the same problem, it may be a weak part with that specific Thetford toilet series.

8. bud121156

Use the e-mail address ....... orders@leisureshopdirect.com , in the PayPal SEND MONEY tab, and a memo for Blade for Thetford C-400/C200 Holding Tank. Thetford part number 50731. Leisureshopdirect Product Reference # 137139.

Several other items can be bought separately from the LeisureShopDirect website.

9. Steve Sorrells

Thanks for the help Bud & Phil! I just ordered an extra blade to keep on hand. I actually placed the order by phone...These folks seem to have great customer service (not to mention the cool british accent).

10. bud121156

Good deal Steve. Did she give you any idea how long it would take to get here?

11. Steve Sorrells

Nope...she didn't give me ETA for the part. She just said that it was in stock and would ship out within the next two days. Hopefully, it will be here within a couple of weeks?

12. bud121156

We don't have any trips planned till Memorial Day weekend.... hopefully it will be here by then. I have mine rigged to work, but don't know how long it will work. Make a post when you get it.

13. bud121156

Got another e-mail today. I had misunderstood her first e-mail. I had asked about shipping to the USA. She quoted a price of £7.99 ($13.55) for just the shipping. I had to send another £4.17 ($7.01) today for the cost of the product.

14. Steve Sorrells

That total sounds more like what I paid. Still a whole lot better than buying that whole mechanism. I'm still kicking myself for that! Oh well...we live & learn, right?

15. POJV

POJV New Member

When I order mine it was shipped on 11/25 and I received on 12/22, it appeared the hold up was in customs. You time may be a tad shorter since it was the holidays when I ordered mine and that may have delayed customs.

Phil

16. bud121156

I got a courtesy e-mail today informing me the order was dispatched on 10 May 2011.....so I suppose the wait begins!

17. bud121156

Surprisingly, the part arrived today...one week from the day it was sent from Great Britain.
    [​IMG]

Here is the little piece that broke off causing all the trouble.
    [​IMG]

18. POJV

POJV New Member

That was quick!

Phil

19. Steve Sorrells

Wow...that was fast, Bud. I haven't seen mine yet.

20. bud121156

Easy install.....works like a charm.