Thetford 402c won't flush

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by Thorofin, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Thorofin

Thorofin New Member

So I have recently reassembled a wetbath in my Aliner that the previous owners had removed.

I just finished getting the toilet in place, with the cartridge. I have been trying to get it to flush, and have not had any luck with using the flush button.

Fuse is good, I get power to the board. Pump is good, and pumps water into the bowl when I jump it from the incoming lines.

My next thought was the flush board was bad, so I purchased a replacement, and installed it today, and still nothing happens when I hit the water button on the pump.

I'm stumped where to go from here troubleshooting.

2. Thorofin

Thorofin New Member

I'm still hoping someone has some ideas to identify the issue with this. In the interim, I found the Troubleshooting & Repair guides for the 400 series toilets
    http://www.thetfordservicenet.com/

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Maybe the button is bad? Mine wasn't ellectric.

4. Thorofin

Thorofin New Member

The button is part of the flush logic board, which has already been replaced.

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Any way to test the new board? Wouldnt be the first time someone has gotten a bad part. Should only be pump fuse and wires. Any way to get rid of the board and just add a push button switch?

6. Thorofin

Thorofin New Member

I haven't figured out a way to test the board yet. If someone can tell me how to test the board, that would be awesome.

7. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

From CaravanTalk webpage:
    I previously spoke with my mobile service engineer and he said that in the last 2 years he had to replace 1 or 2 reed switches, 2 or 3 circuit boards, but dozens of pumps were the source of the problem.

Having removed the pump I could see the rotor vanes would not turn. ...because dried blue solution was gumming it up. Once cleared, it worked fine.

8. Thorofin

Thorofin New Member

Thank you. The pump was one of the first things I checked, based on my searches. The pump works if I wire it directly to 12v, so I eliminated that as an issue. I will start looking at the reed switch. And overall, I'm looking for ways to troubleshoot these components.