Thetford Aquamagic V Flush Question

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by popup-flyer, Nov 15, 2021.

1. popup-flyer

popup-flyer Active Member

My "New to Me" Rockwood HW276 has the Thetford Aquamagic V hand flush toilet installed. I have only connected water 1 time to the RV since buying it to confirm there are no leaks. I had spent much more time getting my former camper ready to sell.

I am now going over this RV more carefully and noted something peculiar. I had shore power connected, but no water. I pulled the hand lever on the toilet and water flowed while the valve opened. I thought perhaps it was just a little "left in the line" under pressure. I did it again, and again. I did not want to run it until the black tank had a lot in it due to winter coming on but it just kept running flush water. I know without a doubt the on-board water tank is 100% empty. How in the world is the toilet flushing?! Is there that much pressure still in the system?

My former campers Thetford Cassette had a "flush reservoir" so I get how that worked but I see nothing that says this has one.

Sorry if its a dumb question but is there any other reason it keeps flushing other than back pressure in the lines?

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
  2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Does your camper have a accumulator tank? My trailer does. II can get 2 or 3 flushes after the pump or water supply is turned off.

BillyMc likes this.
  3. popup-flyer

Looking at the plumbing setup I dont see any kind of pressure/accumulator tank.

4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Its normal. Could be the pressure in the system allready, or if you had your water heater in the ststem. Then water heater tank may cause pressure to stay in the system, just like an expantion tank. I shut my pump off at night and regularly still have pressure in the lines.

5. popup-flyer

Of course, I hadnt thought of the water heater as basically a pressure reservoir!

Thanks

6. Michael Guldan

Michael Guldan New Member

I am not familiar with the Aquamagic, however I have a Rockwood 2716G, and the Thetford toilet in it has its own separate water supply. Assuming they are similar, open the door that gives access to the cassette, and you should be able to see the fill location

7. popup-flyer

I just came from the cassette Thetford in my 228D. The HW276 has the aquamagic with black tank.

8. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

In my hw277 w the similar setup, you will have some residual gravity feed to fill the bowl with a little water for a pseudo half flush. Do keep in mind that it normally requires pressure from city or fresh tank pump, and then air can take some time to bleed out on your next use.

Normally, I have found that I have to flush and then half hold the handle to refill some water in the bowl, least enough to be a vapor seal. I find I have to remind the DKs to pull the handle slowly and completely when flushing.

9. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

BTW- if I haven’t already: Welcome to the High Wall club!

popup-flyer likes this.