Thetford C4 Cassette "Blade"

Jeff d

Jun 5, 2012
Well, I think the purchase from Internet-Spares above may have resulted in my credit card info being compromised. Shortly after we had some random Also, I still haven't received the part after 21 days. So, for the moment I wouldn't recommend ordering from them.

I made my little stop out of a 1/16" piece of aluminum and pop riveted it to the blade opener. It's still getting jammed in the open position sometimes. I'm not sure what's going on. I'll put everything together and it will work and feel great, opening and closing with ease. Then, for no apparent reason it will start to bind up followed by jamming in the open position. I'm about to just give up on it and buy a whole cassette from a US vendor for almost $190 shipped.

Jeff d

Jun 5, 2012
Well, after almost a month I finally received the replacement blade from that UK dealer. I'm still suspicious that they carelessly handled my CC information but at least they appear to be a legitimate vendor now.

The protrusion/"nub" from the middle of the blade was actually about double the length I was expecting. It protuded at least 1/4" beyond the tip, maybe more (I didn't measure). I put it in and it seems that all of my problems are solved. I operated it about 10 times and it never jammed. It seals up tight against the gasket too. I opted not to do unnecessary wear through further testing and figure we will see how it performs on our next camping trip (Maybe this weekend!).

I guess that 1/4" nub is critical to the geometry. I left my little aluminum "L" stop on there to hopefully prevent future nub damage.

jobenoit

May 23, 2012
Glad you got your part and were able to fix the toilet.

I had problems with the lip seal on my C4. I was able to find the part I needed at http://www.anyrvparts.com/ I know I'm a little late with this considering you got your part but maybe it'll come in handy in the future...or for someone else :)

Jeff d

Jun 5, 2012
jobenoit said:
Glad you got your part and were able to fix the toilet.

I had problems with the lip seal on my C4. I was able to find the part I needed at http://www.anyrvparts.com/ I know I'm a little late with this considering you got your part but maybe it'll come in handy in the future...or for someone else :)
I found those people on eBay when I was looking and called them. In contrast with their name they couldn't get the blade.