Thetford C402c

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
anyone taken one of these apart ?

I haven't had the chance to dig into it yet, didn't have time today.

We used our camper this weekend at friends house after the party ( 75mile ride home ) in preparation I had filled the winterized water tank for the toilet before we left the house.

Once we set up camper yesterday I went to flush some water into black tank to drop in a blue pak, and no flush, no motor whine nothing. also found the flush lever broken, hmmm. all worked fine a few weeks ago when we winterized everything.

I see there is a fuse that I'll be checking soon as I figure out how to get to it, as well as other parts, from the looks of the flush handle, having a spare or 3 handy may not be a bad idea.....

I've looked at Thetfords site, they have a parts breakdown and part numbers, no prices.

anyone know where I can get parts/prices before I actually have to talk to dealer? They have a history of jacking prices as needed, I'd like to go in informed.

Nascar Fan

Super Active Member
Nov 18, 2008
Washington, PA
Check the fuse first, if that doesn't fix it. Pull the pump and see if has seized up. I would probably guess that it is either on of these issues. Good Luck.

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
when I get a chance to open it back up, I will certainly check fuse and pump before buying anything.

though I DO need the flush handle, as it is broken and will not turn the shaft to open flush blade. kinda mystified how it was broken, but at this point it doesn't matter.

if I can I will order 2 or three for spares. ( this way it will never break again, right ? )

and thanks or the link to Leisure Shop, looks like the flush handle is about $5.73 ( 3.70 pound Sterling ) now to find shipping cost across the pond.....

Blkvoodoo

Aug 21, 2011
opened back up to get things ready for a possible trip next weekend, worked on a few things.

the no flush/ inop pump was caused by the button pad being pushed too hard and the circuit board was pushed away from the bottom of the panel. I'm quite certain a cute lil 8yo probably had something to do with that, but we'll let it go. and explain that it only takes a light touch to make the water flow......

as for the flush handle....... still no joy on that, did contact an RV dealer last week, and they are able to get one @ $16.50 per and $17 shipping...... umm, maybe if it really has to go that way, but I'll search for awhile before I bite on that. ( i suspect they are ordering from England as well and marking it up substantially....because they can )

did check the fuse, ( in an odd/awkward place ) it was fine, but bumped it up to a 5amp, just to try and prevent future issues