Thetford Cassette Toilet Issue

Michael J

Aug 9, 2018
Michigan
Ty for posting this somehow when I post video links I don't get them right and they don't work and I was outside putting the 3rd replacement fan in the camper...... No more fancy remote control led light fans till someone other then Hike Crew makes them as the wife has bought 2 from them and they failed in 3 weeks

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Thanks, but the pump on mine seems to be fine, it's the other end of the hose that has slipped into the tank. If I can't retrieve it through hold that it should normally protrude, perhaps I'll remove the pump, pull the hose out from the pump end and feed it back through.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Yup, or if you can get your hand in there with the pump out, you can snake it up through the opening. We hope anyway. Everything is easy untill you have to do it yourself!

Michael J

Aug 9, 2018
Michigan
These chunky hot-dog fingered hands won't be able to get in through that pump opening.
That's why I said drop a string though the squirter hole tie it on and pull it back though then you won't have to reach in.

It probably will still be on the pump so you won't have to go on diving for it and if not take it outside and dump the water out.

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
Tried but could not get it out. I was getting pissed, it was hot, my back hurt, and drilling a bunch of holes

and destroying something
I understand completely. It is always easier to make recommendations, than when we are doing the chore ourselves. As getting older, I find those things that irritate me are really getting added to an ever increasing list of dang, where is my hammer. My oh yeah, I'm pissed, list is quite long. Good luck Brother with the completion of your pot repair. See you on the trail.

Reactions: NLB

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
We have the non- electric version of that Potti. I should probably hold the nozzle securely and give it a wiggle test. Or better still, add some preemptive adhesive caulk around it.

Reactions: NLB

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Thetford cassette toilet 3.jpg
Looking at the nozzle on mine, it looks like it broke off but I have no idea how.