Thetford Drain Elbow Part# 5180474

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by rob.mwpropane, Aug 23, 2021.

1. rob.mwpropane

rob.mwpropane Active Member

Can not find this part to save my life. Maybe there's an alternative? I really only need the black rubber fitting and the white bracket in this picture. Looks like it comes as a kit though;

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

WrkrBee likes this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I would just look for a peice of tubing and c clamps. Its a sight glass to see how much water is left in the flush tank. It also doubles and the drain port. I haven't sceen one in person in a few years, so im not sure what goes where.

3. rob.mwpropane

I'm going to look through the shop today to see what we have. I'm sure I can come up with something. I see it for sale overseas, can't find it here in the states at all.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Sjm9911

I would think any fish tank hose would be good also. The middle thing may be a 1 way valve desinged to let air out when filling. Otherwise you just need a flex tube.

rob.mwpropane likes this.
  5. rob.mwpropane

It's bigger than fish tank hose, but I like your thinking. I'm really hoping we have something here at the shop. It's a pain trying to to rig up something on a new to me camper though. Is what it is I guess.

Quick question. My fan on top blows air into the camper. I would have thought that this should pull air out of the camper? It does not have a switch to reverse flow, it's just one way. Is this correct?

6. Sjm9911

I would guess it depends on the fan. There are lots of them. I would have it sucking air out, but some are just simple dc motors. And the PO could have had it set up diffrently. Pictures or make and model of fan.

7. rob.mwpropane

I agree, would be better getting air out. I'll try to remove the cover this week and take a few pictures.

8. LilRed

LilRed Well-Known Member

It may just be reverse polarity wired... if you don't find a directional switch. Most common would be to exhaust the air, (or cooking smoke) and can create a breeze by pulling through the camper and a small opening at the other side..

Sjm9911 and rob.mwpropane like this.
  9. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Some of the plastic straws that you can get at Walmart for the higher end insulated cups might fit.

10. rob.mwpropane

I'll have to take the cover off. It has 3 speeds, no way to change direction with any switches or anything. I know it's DC so hopefully I can just swap the wires and reverse the flow. I can't really think of where blowing into the camper would be better?

The only piece I really need is the rubber elbow. I might be able to make some brake line work. We have plenty of that here. As long as it doesn't kink.

11. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

You could just cap it with a vacuum cap temporarily as long as it doesn't leak. IIRC mine holds a little over 4 gallons when full, 3 gallons will last a weekend unless you've got a toddler, then all bets are off.

12. popup-flyer

popup-flyer Active Member

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  13. popup-flyer

14. Sjm9911

15. rob.mwpropane

I'll call the RV place today, thanks!

It depends on how much they want for it. I see it going for $12 overseas, it's listed on ebay (with the wrong picture) for under $20 (won't ship to US). If the dealer quotes me an outrageous amount (to me would be +$20) then I'm going the DIY route. It's crazy to me that this isn't a readily available kit.... like they've never broken before?

Sjm9911 likes this.
  16. rob.mwpropane

So just so anyone following this thread at a later date needs to know. My cassette is apparently a European model part # C-402C R LB KP TC WHITE (that's what's on the sticker). US models don't usually get the drain tube 5180474 (I don't know what they get), hence why no one carried it. I called a bunch of different places to get it, most didn't even know what I was talking about, but that seems to be the reason why. Thetford themselves finally called me and she said it was a European model. Gave me a few places to call to source it but I'm done, hose clamp and rubber hose it is.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  17. Sjm9911

The american version looks the same to me. Maybe yours is metric[:D]

18. rob.mwpropane

[LOL]

This is what was sent me, part isn't listed. Thetford said most US versions don't have that part? I don't know, I'm far from an expert, but it's been really hard to track down in the states.... makes sense if it's not something usually found here.

Edit: if supplies weren't so weird right now I'm sue I could order it easy from across the pond... but they won't even email me back and most say out of stock anyway.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      43.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      50.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:
    • 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      44.6 KB
      Views:
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  19. popup-flyer

Lol well that one Australian place has a few in stock though I don't think I could put in my zip code for shipping info.

I guess mine is European and any other forest river unit because they have that site glass and accordion looking elbow. Please do detail what you used if you find something that works as I may carry some as backup in case it ever fails. Nothing worse than being stuck out in the woods without a place to go [LOL]

20. rob.mwpropane

Will do. How often do you manipulate that fitting? Maybe once a year to winterize, I think that's about it? The holding tank for the toilet doesn't hold that much water, correct? If all the Forest River (which actually mine says Forest River on the side, so that makes sense) have it then why the hell is it so hard to get a hold of?

Unless I'm a goof and FR lists it as a different part.... Idk.. wouldn't that be funny...