They parked HOW close to our fire ring???

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by mamabean5, Jul 2, 2012.

1. mamabean5

mamabean5 Well-Known Member

We just returned from Petoskey State Park tonight, our second trip this year. Our site this time was fantastic. Gotta admit, when we go next year, I'll be sure to choose my site carefully. One bad, one good experience. Thankfully, we spend very little time in the campground---we're out on the bike Wheelway, downtown, or at the beach. Just can't beat Petoskey for things to do. Don't go to this state park if you spend a lot of time at your campsite!

2. RonB

RonB New Member

We are not the kind that light a fire every night. That night I would have gotten a good one going and then loaded it up with pine needles or wet leaves.

RonB

3. Titan IV

Titan IV New Member

This is one reason we went the boondocking route. Lots of people are just rude anymore. I hate when your boondocking and some else gets real close when there is 100's of acres around then complains your a little loud.

4. MT Camper

MT Camper New Member

"There was a natural boundary between the sites, and they just blew right by it. Thankfully I had put my chairs away already or they would have crushed them."

Regardless of leaving or not I would have "schooled" them on the error of their ways. If people never let others know they are out of line they just think it is ok to be rude and intrusive. It's just a matter of pointing out that they went beyond the boundry and the fire ring once lit will damage their TT and since the fire ring is on this site and not theirs they would need to move or see what happens. I obey the rules and I think others should also, even unspoken but very obvious "rules".

5. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

One of my fire pits

[​IMG]

6. BaylorWaylor

BaylorWaylor Member

Yak, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it's gonna take a looong time to get a fire hot enough to cook on going in there. [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

7. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

I think you lost me when you said you'd say "You know, we got here first.....". I haven't said things like that since I was about 7, and it wasn't relevent to the situation at all. It IS ok to ask site pigs to tighten up and reel their stuff in. At my fav camp spot, it's on a corner and the kids ride their bikes thru and people cut thru. I usually just put up a few flags to make it obvious I am "claiming" my territory!

But I digress...what I'm trying to say is, you'll find opinions, feelings, obsessions of ALL kinds on a forum of this size....and everyone deserves to post their experiences without having to fear being insulted or flamed afterward. You were a little insulting to the OP, in MY opinion, but ONLY my opinion. Please don't feel the need to be defensive...I'm just pointing things out you might not be aware of, being somewhat new here. [;)]

Also, that's what we do here. We SHARE! We share campground reviews, PuP reviews, mods & photos, what pizzes us off and what elates us. For the most part, we don't assume much. The typed word is so ultimately hard to comprehend, you'll be surprised of the responses because "I thought they meant this other thing". I think you proved that very point when you first assumed the rude campers thought that was their fire ring, then made the statement "You know what happens when you assume...."

All in all, I would have stayed a few more hours if it were possible, just to light the smoky fire. bwahahahah

[:D]

8. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Bobbing for raw hot dogs!! Who's in! [LOL] [LOL]

9. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

Yikes! I guess there will be no fire tonite. [:O]

Campit

10. pcfeld

pcfeld New Member

I doubt if there would be any fire restrictions for a change!

11. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

This is a fine example of why you should always carry some extra reflectix or foam board so your fully prepared. You never know when you will need to float a campfire. And a fishing pole may be a good idea also, you never know when you'll come upon the opportunity to catch a grilled cajun blackened rainbow trout.