They've added SCUBA to this section! Divers roll call!

Discussion in 'Canoeing / Kayaking, Boating, & S.C.U.B.A.' started by Hoomi, Apr 25, 2013.

1. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

To answer the packing question it's just like the way you'd pack your dive gear...Last out / First in. We lay the tanks and dive gear down (except for the regs and computers) then pile everything on top of that in the TV while packing most everything but food in the camper. For springs we normally take only one tank each but if we're down in West Palm Bch., or the Keys or somewhere pretty far from home where we can rent the tanks that's the other option and we don't have to carry the extra weight. If you're packing a tent that's even easier to just throw the tent bag in the back or put the dive bag (BCD's, fins etc) on the roof because if it gets wet so what.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

2. myride

myride Well-Known Member

Advanced Open Water Instructor. Certified my son when he turned 10 as a Jr diver (first year of age drop.....15yrs ago)
    and have enjoyed many many excursions with him. There is NOTHING as peaceful as being completely neutral buoyant
    and just "being"............"sigh"

3. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

Not like least used bottom of the stack. I found this out trying to get the jack for a flat mid trip.:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

4. scubacamper

From one of the SCUBA Meccas of the world, Sunny FL both my DW and I dive - over 300 each and we're former NAUI Asst. Instructors (until the DD's came along). We're also Cave / Wreck and Mixed Gas Certified

We're looking at heading down to Blue Heron Bridge to dive in about 20' of water when High Tide is in and camp nearby at Johnathan Dickinson SP.

Last summer we did Penecamp in Key Largo for a week diving, snorkeling etc. Even our DD's 6 & 8 are avid snorkelers.

We just got back with them from Venice here in FL snorkeling and hunting shark's teeth (over 900 in 3 days) all of them under 1/2 inch but some pretty ones. Taking MIL along is the ONLY saving grace for us to dive while she spends time being a grandmother and having the girls all to herself.

5. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

I started diving (inspired by Lloyd Bridges) in the early '60's. Is the vintage equipment worth anything? It's all US Divers stuff. Thanks!

[​IMG] Mine is in better shape. This was my 2nd set, I started with some cheap Healthways single stage 2-hose with a Hope-Page mouthpiece.

6. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

I remember now, this was my 3rd regulator...the one in between was a single-hose from Healthways (cheap). I liked the down-stream 2nd-stage on the US Divers reg. I think Bastian Blessing (Chgo) was manufacturing those for US Divers, at that time.

7. scubacamper

Only to a collector or someone who needs parts for theirs. Sometimes you can get someone on CL or Ebay to bite but the average diver out there, even here in FL is not really interested. Parts for those are also hard to come by and many shops don't or can't even order parts for them. If they work use them, they're a great system but if you're not using them like I said post them on a site like CL.

Sorry I couldn't bring you better news.

8. Antipodes

Antipodes Call me Paul

Like a few others here got certified in 1976 but have not been under for about 10 years.
    All my gear is pretty old now and I need to just get rid of it as I don't see myself doing it again.
    But it was great when I was young!

9. equest

equest Member

I dive, and have a pup, but have not yet combined the two. We live in Central Florida so the springs and caverns await.
    We also want to take the pup down to Bahia Honda in the keys....

scubacamper likes this.
  10. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

wife and I are both certified, open water and advanced. We only dive when it ties in to a vacation plan. Seeing the turtles hanging out under rock ledges in kauai was a real high point. As was the manta ray dive on the other island.

11. Nwodiver

Nwodiver New Member

Great lakes diver. New to the pop up camper. Will make traveling around the lakes alot more comfortable hopefully.

12. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

Anybody remember "Sea Hunt" with Loyd Bridges. I just picked up his type of regulator from a sidewalk free stuff pile. It looked too interesting to pass up.