This is so un-Christian like, but I hate my new neighbors.

Discussion in 'The Other Stuff' started by Orchid, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Out here we've never had neighbors. Now we do. The only woods left are ours. They are terrible, horrible, despicable people. I can see their house through the woods. It makes quite the tempting target. Unfortunately, I don't feel I could survive in prison.

I'd move into the camper and hit the road, but not leaving my grown kids all on this property (they have their own homes) to deal with this ****** bags alone.

That is all.

kcsa75 and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Wow, i want to ask why, buy i may be tempted to go down and take care of it for.you! Go up and tell them to stop whatever they are doing that upsets you. Maybe they dont know, or dont realize, if they truly suck we will talk by pm.

Orchid likes this.
  3. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Active Member

Lol..tell us how you really feel!
    Seriously, sorry to hear. I always get concerned when a new neighbor moves in. The whole "box of chocolates" thing

Orchid likes this.
  4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

We had a new neighbor that purchased the farm one house down from us. Not much of a farm, one cow, one horse and grew tomatoes. Well the new owners built a big fancy barn out back and then went to the zoning board to have weddings, etc in this new barn. It was never made for animals.
    During all his construction he was a plain in the butt. Working all hours, parking equipment on all his neighbors lawns, burning trash/rubbish. (not allowed by town) , have two large dogs roam all over the place and playing very load music. I don't mind someone trying to make a living, but they should be mindful of others. Guess what, he didn't have all his permits, would need a parking lot, would need a large septic to handle 150 guests. He thought he could just say "I didn't know, sorry".
    The other neighbors on the street seem to think he was a pain also and they went to the zoning board meetings. He got shoot down. The town said it would have been ok to have wedding at a working farm ........ but he didn't have one, he only grew tomatoes and the animals were long gone. His permit to build the barn was to store equipment and farm supplies not a dance hall. I think the town zoning board saw what he was tiring to do, and they didn't like it.

Orchid and neighbormike like this.
  5. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

Since you elected to make this public maybe you could say why they make you feel that way.

Orchid, akriot and xxxapache like this.
  6. rabird

rabird Howdy!

without knowing the specs of the material the trailer is made, some will suggest it will bend your frame, ad infinitum

7. Sjm9911

My neighbors love me, even with loud music ( 4 x a year) , a few parties ( those same 4x ) and a outside fire pit going
    They were so happy i wasnt the old neighbors i could do no wrong. I feel for you.

Orchid and neighbormike like this.
  8. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Did somebody build a subdivision next door?

Orchid likes this.
  9. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Ok, you have all of our curiosity @Orchid.... I definitely feel for you, but what kind of methlab moved in??

Rik Peery and Orchid like this.
  10. Backtonature

Backtonature Active Member

well, I spent 16 yrs at the Building Department here where I live as an inspector (currently building custom homes now). I can say that I have dealt with folks permitting a structure for a specific use and then after going through all the required inspection and receiving their Certificate Of Occupancy...they use said structure for something that it wasn't permitted for..I have seen and dealt with this kinda thing and the "I didn't know or I thought I could do what I want..it's my property and my structure" came up a lot.

Sandy Simmons and Orchid like this.
  11. Backtonature

Backtonature Active Member

there is a rental home next door to my home and a new neighbor (moved in last year) and It's time for them to move to the North Pole to a home next door to Santa Clause

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    Orchid likes this.
  12. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

We have 2 rental houses within a mile of us, I always wonder why they can't make a little effort to put their thrash pickup cans away or pickup a little. Now I am not saying renters are bad, but I for one would never be a landlord.

neighbormike and Orchid like this.
  13. Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson Active Member

You can't pick your relatives and you can't pick your neighbors.

Melissa Freeman likes this.
  14. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We picked our neighbors on the other side by buying up all the land.

Sorry everyone, this was the equivalent of a drunk post.

Essentially, they keep clearing trees and brush on our property. They clear EVERY SINGLE DAY, even on Christmas. There is nothing left to clear on their property, but they are obsessed with using heavy equipment for anything and everything.

Every time they remove one of my trees, I take photos and video, point it out to them, get an apology and it HAPPENS AGAIN!!

Their dogs are always on my property (which I really don't mind, as I love animals.) The other day, two of our dogs went into OUR WOODS and were barking at them for LESS THAN ONE MINUTE. We were outside and called them back, they came immediately. The woods are ours. Our dogs have a right to be there. These jerks called the police and said our dogs tried to attack them!!

We've tolerated so much from them and then they called the police because our dogs barked at them from the woods for less than a minute! I can't stand people who call the cops over everything. If they had some kind of issue, they could just talk to us. I couldn't believe it! And they called animal control, who are supposed to come tomorrow. Their dogs are over here all the time, actually on my property and I would NEVER do that.

So we went out and spent $1500 on materials to fence that side of the property line, and got to work on the fence 7:30 the next morning. THEY wanted a fence when we talked to them to previous evening. When the police came, we asked if we could just talk it out with them, as NOTHING happened with the dogs, but we were willing to be neighborly and discuss it. We told them we would have a fence installed before another day passed.

They came out and put the brakes on the fence project as the want it on our side of the woods .... a good 20 yards onto our property. UM, no!! It's going on their side of the woods, where they have cleared our property. The property lines are clearly marked with in ground concrete markers. We now have to wait until Monday to find out the legal set back. If it's anything less than 6', which I'm sure it's more like 6", it's going on their side of the woods. I'm not letting them claim, or have the benefits of the trees we have left.

Also, when we went over there with the cops to talk to them, they were both half drunk and stinking of alcohol big time. Not sure if they were half drunk when the called the cops or what. But so sick of these buttholes.

neighbormike, kcsa75 and Sjm9911 like this.
  15. Sjm9911

Put the fence as close as legally possable to the property line. Then put large flood lights on the fence that are motion activated. Pointing off your property[:D]

16. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

If the property line is marked with concrete corners I’d be seeking compensation for restoring my woods. Mature trees not saplings.
    As a friend of mine is fond of saying “Good fences makes good neighbors “

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  17. LjohnSaw

LjohnSaw So many fish, so little time...

If mature trees were cut and you documented (photos with some sort of scale to document size), then you need to contact a forester. They will put a value on the trees from a logging perspective. The going rate of compensation is 3 times the value of the wood/tree. That should be more than enough to pay for your fence. What is the height limit you can do? Can you do more than 6'? Like 8 or 10' so it looks like a prison wall from their side? ;)

18. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

I could send my uncle Vito out to talk to them.

19. fourhallatts

fourhallatts Well-Known Member

Orchid, I feel your pain about the cops being called about your dogs. We have a Great Pyrenees, which has a very deep loud bark. She tends to bark at people and trucks (she has a special aversion to plows and pick ups with a plow on the front). About a week ago our furnace crapped out (we have a fireplace so we had some heat) and as I waited for the furnace guy a cop knocks on my door to tell me that there has been an anonymous complaint about my dog barking non stop. I told him that she hadn't been (she had only been out there for maybe 10 minutes) but yes I would bring her in but I needed him to leave before I could get her in. We have a fenced in yard and I rarely put her out before 7 am. Here in our village you can't make excessive noise before 7 am or after 10 pm. Good luck with the fence!

Orchid likes this.
  20. tzmartin

tzmartin Not here for a long time but here for a good time!

Sorry you're dealing with this. Getting the fence up will help a lot. First thing i've done at the houses i've bought is get a survey and put in a fence. Worth the $ in the long run. FWIW, we don't have fence set backs in our county.

Orchid likes this.