Three Camping/Jeeping Trips booked for 2012

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Jeepin Dad, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

Easter Weekend
    April 5-8 Twin Grove KOA, Pine Grove PA & Rausch Creek Off Road Park

Memorial Day Weekend
    May 25-28 Prince Gallitzin State Park, Patton PA & Rock Run Recreation Area

Topless For TATA's
    August 2-5 Twin Grove KOA, Pine Grove PA & Rausch Creek Off Road Park

2. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

Getting exited first trip is only 2 weeks away.

Today hooked up the camper
    [​IMG]

plugged in and checked out all the lights
    [​IMG]

opened it up for the first time since last fall
    [​IMG]

3. campr4fn

campr4fn Member

Have a blast!

4. top magoo

top magoo New Member

i'd love to bring my pup on some jeeping trips, but i have to trailer my jeep and the pup just won't quite fit on the trailer too... i have to make daytrips, tent or find a hotel...

have fun, be safe, keep all arms and legs inside the vehicle... [:D]

5. jeepinjimmy

jeepinjimmy New Member

Looks awesome, wish I could tow mine with my Jeep, the PUP is too big and heavy for mine. One day I am gonna make it Raush Creek!

6. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

One of the requirements when we got the pup was that the Jeep had to be able to pull it. I have 50+ Jeeps coming to Rausch that weekend for our East Coast Easter Jeep Safari, I can't wait.

7. sg1215

sg1215 my God, my Country, my Family, my Friends, myself

JeepinDad:

It looks like our Jeeps are twins. I too bought a small pup because of the Jeep. Have a great summer camping and wheeling.
    I left Pittsburgh in 1966 or I would love to join you. Is your spare mounted to your stock spare tire mount? My jeep is a 2002, and it was pretty flimsly. Keep an eye on it if you do some heavy wheeling, just my [2C]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. You-And-I

You-And-I Ozarks Überland Basecamp

Jeepin Dad & Sg1215,

You both have nice looking rigs, have a great time camping!

UNI

9. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

sg1215 nice looking Jeep and pup. I am still using the stock carrier, they are more sturdy on the JKs than the TJ carriers. I am running 33" tires, stock was 32" and I know people that are 35" without a problem with the stock carriers.

10. top magoo

top magoo New Member

the jk's went to the dana 44 rear end, where previous tj's used a dana 35 as standard (except for rubicons).

i put a ford 8.8 in my tj, which really improved reliability when i went to 35" tires, but the disc brakes really helped stopping tremendously when i would tow my pup. and the 4.56 gears helped get it going.

11. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

I have the Heavy Duty Rubicon Dana 44 in my JK, 32 vs 30 spline plus the electric locker. Still running the open Dana 30 up front that I want to beef/swap out up before I go to 35s.

The 8.8 swap is a nice upgrade I know a few that have recently done this on their TJs or XJs. I may do this on my XJ at some point when I get it running right, have the 27 spline 8.25 in it now, at a minimum I'll be doing a drum to disc conversion.

Now that the camper is checked out and pretty much ready to go it is time to get the Jeep ready. New Bilstiens finally arrived yesterday. They will be installed this weekend along with some 4 door JK rear springs and possibly a spacer up front depending how much lift I get in the rear, don't want to much forward rake.