Three sheets to the wind

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by Dave90210, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Dave90210

Dave90210 New Member

Was getting ready to turn in last night, when a woman, mid-20's came stumbling onto our site, well into the wine, looking for Chris. Asked me to help her find him. Knowing full well the upraised eyebrows I'd get from DW if I went off with her to help her find Chris, I called DS (13) to come along. Together we took her along, looking for her site. A few sites away, someone recognized her, apologizing, thanks, etc. Came back, had some laughs. Her partner came around this morning, apologizing again. Felt bad for him, told him no worries, and that we had extra Tylenol, if needed.

2. HallmarkBlue

HallmarkBlue New Member

Nice of you to do!

3. Dave90210

Dave90210 New Member

Thanks. Was funny, and created a memory we'll laugh about for years. dS thought it was funny to have her link arms with him for support. He's 13, big growth spurt year, almost as tall as me.

4. cowboy11753

cowboy11753 WD, SCJ and HRH Charles the Furball

You and your DS are both sweethearts - exactly what I would expect of Canadians....For 45 years we lived 30 minutes from the Canadian border (Peace Bridge crossing) and I traveled many times to the racquets clubs on the north side. All of my Maple Leaf opponents were universally gracious and good sportsmen (and women). After each match, they'd offer to buy me a drink - which my American co-horts never did.

Good deeds are contagious - keep it up!!

5. Dave90210

Dave90210 New Member

Thanks for the kind words. I firmly believe in, "do good things, pay it forward" as a creed to live by, and have taught him the same. He's a great kid! Even though we differ in musical taste. [:D]

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

You didn't offer her a blanket and let her sleep under the truck ..???? [:D]

7. Campit

Campit EAT SLEEP CAMP

Awww, that was mighty nice of you and your son!
    The vino will get you if you don't watch out! Been there, done that. [;)]

Campit

8. Bullfrog Bheer

Bullfrog Bheer Active Member

Was she cute? [:D] [LOL]

9. Dave90210

Dave90210 New Member

Cute enough that I knew better than to help her, with out asking DS to come. DW would not have been amused. [:D]

10. BSH Fun

BSH Fun New Member

I always heard sometimes it's better to ask forgiveness than permission. Guess it wouldn't have applied here. :)

11. poncho62

poncho62 New Member

Gracious Canadian here.......We are sitting in our camper right now, in the next site is a bunch and the one guy seems to be getting louder and drunker....Being a good Canadian, I wont say anything, but I can see it getting ugly....Hopefully, they will sleep late

12. Indy

Indy Member

Not only was it nice of you to help, it was very respectful of your wife to ask your DS to come along. Good job on all counts!

13. DragNfly

DragNfly New Member

A mutual friend had too much to drink, fell off the PUP bench and wedged himself between the bench and the dining table area. He was too big for us to lift or try to drag him out with the limited space. [SNZ]

He woke up with a very sore back.

14. tvketchum

tvketchum New Member

That's what I love about Canada and Canadians (Canadiens)- A civilizied country so close by....

15. chippers

chippers New Member

We had a similar experience at a music festival a couple years back. It ended well, with laughs the next day, but there was also hosing vomit off shoes involved.
    I'm glad you and DS got to skip that step!

16. heckufaguy

heckufaguy New Member

We camp with a large group (over 400 campsites this year) every July. Rule of thumb is, get too crazy at the evening bonfires and we promise you'll wake up in a tent. But we don't promise where, or who's tent.
    So far no one has had to take us up on it...lol