Timberline Lake New Gretna NJ

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by rambus, Jun 1, 2011.

1. rambus

rambus Member

DW forgot to make reservations at our favorite CG so she found this one on the Internet. The office/general store looked new and I thought we had lucked out. As we arrived at our campsite I discovered why this CG wasn't full on Memorial Day Weekend. the CG was about 60% seasonal, or as they called them year round campers and many trailers looked like they had been there since the 70's. They only had one bathhouse with 4 toilets 2 urinals and 4 showers on the men's side wife said women's side had 5 toilets and also 4 showers. Did I mention that they had 180 campsites? The showers had no way to adjust the temperature they only had a push button that gave you about 30 seconds of water per push. The Beach their website talked about was only about 50 yards long and their lake was actually an old cranberry bog. Never saw a CG host or any type of security patrol. $50 a night and I still had to drive my trash to the dumpster! I could go on and on but I am getting writer's cramp. My take is This place was built as a trailer park in the 60's or 70's and when they couldn't fill it with year round residents they changed the name to campground but nothing else.

2. ILUVTHEBEACH

ILUVTHEBEACH Suburbs of Philly, PA

We camped our pop up there last year for the month of July and we really liked the place. Our site was in front of the A-Frame. We didn't camp there for the lake since we like to go to Brigantine for the day. I wasn't impressed too much with the showers either since you couldn't adjust the way the water came out. It always sprayed me in the face since I am only 5'3". I took a crate to stand on when I took a shower and that worked out well since I could put my dirty clothes in it to carry back to the camper. We never had a problem waiting to get into the shower either. My biggest gripe was not with the campground but my cellphone company. Seems anyone with T-Mobile had to drive 2 miles away to get service while others were able to talk on their phones there. (It was only a problem when my daughter didn't go with us). It's not my first choice of campgrounds when we camp near the shore but we would go again.