Time to quit ignoring my propane

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by Orchid, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Thank you VERY MUCH! :) I very much appreciate the time you spent looking into this for me. This is exactly what I was looking for. I tried to find it myself, quite a few times before I posted this thread. But even had I found it, an explanation like you give here is much more helpful!

2. rabird

rabird Howdy!

I might suggest a horizontal 2 stage RV regulator. like
    https://www.amazon.com/Camco-59333-Horizontal-Propane-Regulator/dp/B0024E6TX2
    It uses the POL left hand connection, no ACME excess flow feature, put the 90 on the end and your cooking with gas!
    My understanding is the ACME is not strong enough to use with a 2 stage reg but I did it with my '96 coachman. I changed out the POL for a black ACME - no wrench needed!
    [​IMG]

This would make the high pressure outside stove useless as it is now.

Finding a 16 psi or 15 psi regulator may be an issue

3. Sonshine

Sonshine Member

Propane101.com is a great resource to help understand propane. It is written in simple terms and is easy to understand. This deals mostly with home applications but alot of the info is applicable to RVs as well.

4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

X2 I do believe a 2 stage regulator is the standard on all RV's and has been for quite a while ow.. The first stage has high pressure then the 2nd stage reduces the gas to 11" wc (water column) your stove should have a regulator as it only requires 6" WC 11" would make the flame way to hot and probably too high. The regulator should be mounted so the vent is pointed down to keep water, debris etc. out and a cover should always be use to protect the regulator. Single stage regulators are usually used for gas grills etc.

5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Thank you, I will check it out.

That's what I have read in other places as well. At least I know I wasn't imagining things.