Tire Advice

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by Ironmonger, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Ironmonger

Ironmonger New Member

Hi All,
    We love our old PU; have been using it for a couple months now. I'm planning on replacing the tires in the spring. Looks like the tires are 20.5x 8.0- 10 size. Do you have to get rims with them? Do you buy them online? What kind of tire do you favor? What's considered a reasonable price for a tire like this? Thanks!

2. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

https://www.etrailer.com/question-207798.html

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

I bought the Kenda Loadstars on wheels for my Apache. I ran the same pair for 8 years. Never had a problem.

Sjm9911 and kcsa75 like this.
  4. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

You can buy new rims if you like but you don't have to. You can order online or your local tire store may be able to help you.

If you have Discount Tire in your area I would give them a try. I put new tires on our TT last summer. They price matched Wal-Mart, saving me about $100 and I got a six months no interest financing.

If you want to go online, I think eTrailer is great. They have people who actually know what they're talking about. The website is full of how-to articles and videos. You can submit questions online and normally get an answer back within 24 hours or pick up the phone and give them a call.

Ironmonger and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

The main thi g is to get the correct size load and speed rating. Next is if you want bias or radials. I prefer the radials, others dont.

6. lksdrinker

lksdrinker Active Member

You dont have to purchase rims. But it sure is nice to place an order for tire/wheel combo and it shows up mounted and ready to go.