Tire Replacement

adkdave

Apr 26, 2020
Pittsford, New York
Hello, I need to replace my st185/80 r13 tires on my 2514g Forest River PUP.
I currently have Castle originals that came with the camper. Any suggestions for tire brands and places other than RV dealerships that replace camper tires would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Wingo

Jul 9, 2013
I have used recstuff.com in the past, their prices were better than most. Well, at least at that time, I haven't needed tires in a little while.

bondebond

Super Active Member
Aug 14, 2008
I never had any exploding trailer tires once I switched over to using Discount Tire. Yes, I always kept them at the proper PSI and didn't overload the trailers.

Not that you can't source good tires from a local mom & pop, or from etrailer.com/tirerack.com/Amazon, but especially while traveling, it is nice to have chain that you can get to in case there is a warranty/service issue.

Anthony Hitchings

Super Active Member
Silver Supporting Member
Mar 2, 2019
Oakland, California
Hello, I need to replace my st185/80 r13 tires on my 2514g Forest River PUP.
I currently have Castle originals that came with the camper. Any suggestions for tire brands and places other than RV dealerships that replace camper tires would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
I bought what my local family owned business had availabe in 13" radial, 75 mph rated, and they did great (minimal visible wear, I need to check tread depth) I am all done with mail ordering trailer tires.

Updated: Power King Tourmax STR ii ST175/80R13

Last edited:

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
I never had any exploding trailer tires once I switched over to using Discount Tire. Yes, I always kept them at the proper PSI and didn't overload the trailers.

Not that you can't source good tires from a local mom & pop, or from etrailer.com/tirerack.com/Amazon, but especially while traveling, it is nice to have chain that you can get to in case there is a warranty/service issue.
How many tires exploded on you before that? I would think its more about the tire itself then where you bought them though.

Sjm9911

Super Active Member
May 31, 2018
Nj
Just make sure you get the weight, speed rating correct and decide on radial or bias tires. Radials run cooler and track better, but bias can withstand puntures and are made for more like dirt roads, people still like them for the hyway. Me I like radials.