TN Big South Fork

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by southernbelle, Feb 4, 2011.

1. southernbelle

southernbelle New Member

Has anyone camped at Big South Fork in Tennessee and if so, did you like it. All comments welcomed. We are planning to camp there Memorial Weekend.

2. ricko

ricko Member

I took a bunch of scouts up there in November, staying in the regular campground and had a great time. I can hardly wait to take the PUP back with the kids at warmer times. We have friends that go several times a year.

The sites were nice, not too tight and the bath houses were fairly new and very clean. It's a great place for bikes and it has a good variety of trails.

Ricko

3. southernbelle

southernbelle New Member

Thanks for letting me know.

4. Grizzly_Wayne

Grizzly_Wayne Member

Which campground? We had a trip planned a few weekends ago (tent camping) to Bandy Creek, but someone decided to play Ultimate Frisbee and destroy his ankle... that someone is me.. :(
    Maybe next month!

5. naflov1

naflov1 New Member

We camped there last year during Memorial day weekend with my brother and his family and are doing so again this year. Love the campground. They have a large pool, alas with no shade and seperate areas for large groups to camp together. Don't forget anything though as it is a long way to town. Also, bear precautions are always necessary in the area. While we were there black bear sightings in the campground area were a daily event.

6. countrypill

countrypill New Member

Bandy Creek is a really nice campground. Like was said before most campsites are spacious and bathhouses are clean. There are plenty of trails to hike, but always keep a clean campsite to keep the bears away. The rangers will enforce this rule. Nights will be cool and with very little light around the stars will be numerous. Closest town is about 13 or miles so have everything you need. Enjoy.

countrypill