Tn Bledsoe Creek SP

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by dkinary, Oct 11, 2009.

1. dkinary

dkinary Al & Debby

[​IMG]
    This is a state park that the community and state have started to update. They are closed now but should reopen in 2010. The Ranger said it will be one of Tennessee's Best when they finish with renovations.

It is on Old Hickory lake and located between Gallatin and Hartsville. Lots of waterfront sites and wildlife.

We went in May this year. It was the last weekend before they closed for renovations.

2. zorak

zorak Member

Old post I know, but I felt it needed an update. The DW and myself camp here all the time. The bath houses are older, but clean and the camp hosts are great in our experience. This is a small SP but far enough off the beaten path its fairly guiet. That being said thay have quite a few rules, all of which help keep it quiet. They are pretty adamant about no alcohol but we have found if you are being discreet and bothering no one then that isnt a problem. They do sell ice and firewood ( just ask the hosts) . There are a couple of hiking trails and you will encounter many deer. I have also seen stray cats and they will come into your campsite and hit you up for food. The sites are mostly level, or close enough to being level that it doesnt take too much effort to set up. The electrical is reliable enough and all sites have spigots. The dump station is easy to pull into if your heading out of the CG but if you have to turn around you will have to leave the park and turn around down at the public use boat ramp parking area a little way from the park entrance. Its the closest SP to us and maybe I am biased ( the dwand have been there enough times they put our pics on the CG web page)but i think its one of the nicer ones in the area.

3. cubano222

cubano222 Member

I agree. Nice park. We live in Portland, TN so it's close to us. Been camping there for the last 4 years. Always get a site across from the lake. Clean, quiet, & security is good. Lots of deer come right up to your site. We have reservations for Oct 5 2015. Love it

4. AlisaB

AlisaB Facebook: Middle Tennessee Camping Group

My kids and I went there over Fall Break. It is a perfect park close to home, very clean and friendly and close to the lake. They have some really nice lake lots. I plan to camp there a lot when I just want to get the kids, dogs and I away from home.

Highly recommend!

Facebook: Middle Tennessee Camping Group