To camp or to party ? Which one did you come for

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by TERBObob, Oct 15, 2014.

Ok , I am honestly curious if things changed that much ... when you go "camping" , are you going so

1. I want to party and I am under 45 yrs old

3 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. I want to party and I am over 45 yrs old

6 vote(s)
    4.1%
  3. I want the peace and quiet and relaxing time that only mother nature can provide ( no partying ) and

53 vote(s)
    36.1%
  4. I want the peace and quiet and relaxing time that only mother nature can provide ( no partying ) and

38 vote(s)
    25.9%
  5. I really don't care ... just as long as I get away

47 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy Active Member

I'm 52, I drink... sometimes a lot. Camping or not.
    I am a quiet drunk. Usually sit there with a stupid grin on my face.
    Daughter #3 is 26 and may have one drink around the fire pit... if any at all.
    She is loud, just by nature. I think it's because all her life she had to talk louder than her sisters just to get a word in edgewise. [;)]
    When we camp and she visits I am always saying "Lindsay... SHHHHH!" Whether it's playing cards, campfire conversation, or even on the late night walks to the restrooms, I find I am constantly telling her to "BE QUIET!" in a whisper.

Point is, don't blame the booze, it's the person. Call a spade a spade.

2. froggie

froggie New Member

The last time we were bothered by loud, rude campers, the campers weren't even drinking. They were just loud and rude and allowed their children to be loud and rude. We finally called the ranger, and it got quiet. Rudeness is not limited to beer drinking partiers.

3. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Yup!

4. 97jayeagle

97jayeagle New Member

Amen! That is the way it seems around here. The group I normally go with drink and we listen to music but we do so in a reasonable manor. I find the dogs constantly barking and kids screaming and hollering across the campground at midnight more annoying.

5. Xiongmao12

Xiongmao12 Member

We go camping to enjoy nature and the serenity of being outdoors. Unfortunately, in the PNW it seems that the public campgrounds tend to attract the party crowds. Not all, but of the 5 camping trips we took last summer, all three beach trips were less than ideal due to partiers up late all night and drinking. I wouldn’t go to the public campgrounds except that my girls want to be at the beach. In all three instances the party was in the site next to ours. It’s really frustrating that we have to put up with this behavior. It just feels like a waste of our time and money when nearly every trip is ruined due to obnoxious people. We want to enjoy a quiet campfire and then listen to the sounds of the night before going to sleep, and then sometimes get up early in the morning to do some photography. The all-night parties aren’t conducive to our needs. We ran into the same thing at Olympic National Park the summer before. One group stayed up late every night with loud music that could be heard throughout the entire loop. They weren’t next to us, so I never knew who it was, but finally someone else yelled at them from across the campground to shut up.

We’ve got more national forest trips planned this summer and a couple beach trips so all I can do is hope we get better neighbors this year.

6. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

I should add with my vote that when I was in my late teens/early twenties, it's was 100% different. You figure out which is which. [;)]

7. shfd739

shfd739 Member

All depends on who we're with.

With family it's to camp,get away and relax.

With the Rally group it's more of a party with late nights and early mornings.

8. 4campers+g-kids

4campers+g-kids Member

Funny post. My answer would be different if this was 30 years ago. As a kid I camped to get away, get away from parents and party. As an old geezer now I want peace and quiet, in the evenings anyway. Don't drink anymore, don't care if you do. But no matter where, if you're a loud, foul mouthed sloppy drunk I don't want to be around you.

Most campgrounds are good, a few tend to attract the partiers especially on the holiday weekends. We just tend to avoid both and haven't had any problems for years.