To Help or not to help...

Discussion in 'Campground Etiquette' started by stud muffin, Jun 2, 2019.

1. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Good for you! Keep practicing! You'll get there!! It is nice to know there is someone there to help, even better to know you can do it on your own!!

Sjm9911 and CarlaCB like this.
  2. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

I don't offer help unless asked. I think learning how everything works is part of the fun of the learning curve of a camper. I do recommend the portal to everyone though.

3. CarlaCB

CarlaCB Member

Thanks for the encouragement, neighbormike. The best part is that the better I get at all the tasks required to use the pop-up, the more I enjoy owning it and the happier I am with my choice to buy it. It's a steep learning curve for a newbie, but proving to be very worth it!

indieiggy, Sjm9911 and J Starsky like this.
  4. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more! Been camping my whole life... in 2012 I bought a popup and the game changed... 2018 bought the tt, again the game changed.... always something new to learn!

indieiggy, CarlaCB and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

backing in as entertainment - yes it is - just like "Med Mooring" a boat - which is always done stern first and usually into a crowded seawall. [stern is tied to sea wall, bow is on anchor]

6. Redbird234

Redbird234 Member

On our first trip with the pop up we went to Quebec. The first stop was a KOA and we were able to pull into the spot. The next stop was a municipal campground, which is a fancy way of saying a field on the edge of the St. Lawrence.

We got there much later than planned, it was dark in we had the oddest spot, a third of a pie shaped lot.

That's when the drama started, it was such an odd space and there was an A Class on one third and a pop up on the other it was hard to figure out where to park and how to get it there

Out came the pop up man who tried to be helpful by calling out directions in French, which were don't speak.
    In the end we unhooked and hubby and my teen son pushed the trailer onto the right spot And the whole time the man was "helping us" by yelling in French.

7. Tulip

Tulip Active Member

We regularly push ours into place. Gotta make the teens work for their supper.

8. Lebowski16

Lebowski16 New Member

Let them learn their lesson. They'll be pissed at themselves for not listening.

9. Lebowski16

Lebowski16 New Member

My husband and I have only taken ours out a handful of times. Sometimes we pull it into the backyard to camp with the dogs (before we took them on their first trip we wanted to test it out). Anyway my husband refuses to drive so i always have to which means backing it up. Divorce has been threatened, as well as selling the camper, screaming at each other and someone walking back in the house-all a good show for the neighbors when we camp in the backyard and have to pull the PUP out of the garage and bring it out back. However on the last go round, we were out at a campsite and I put that filly in its place! Like a glove (ace ventura voice). It was a huge success!

Rik Peery likes this.