To those who have crossed over, did you consider...

Discussion in 'Going to the DARK SIDE' started by WannaTravel, Jun 3, 2019.

1. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Member

Did you check out Taylor Coach in Canada? What did you think?

2. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Never even heard of Taylor Coach to be honest! When we went from our pup to a TT, we went up to Layzee Acres in Orillia. Even though we are quite happy with our Jayco Jayflight 264BHW....I will do some research. Always good to pass on usable info!

3. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

It’s an interesting company with some really appealing options for sure. If we decide to buy new whenever we eventually move on from the pup I’ll be talking to them to see how they compare to big names.

4. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

Soon as I saw aluminum skin I lost interest. I have felt the difference between Aluminum skinned trailer and fiberglass sided in hot summer. Fiberglass much cooler from what I have found. There is a reason for the price difference.

5. generok

generok Well-Known Member

I never came across one when I was shopping for TTs. For me, none of the floor plans work. It might be a quality rig though, it's just not configured how I want a TT to be.

6. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Member

I had never heard of them, but I have since watched every youtube video they have made. I was impressed with the weight of the campers. After hearing his descriptions, I was thinking that his units probably don’t smell like formaldehyde, since he stated they don’t use glues and particle board type woods.

7. WannaTravel

WannaTravel Member

@durhamcamper I hadn’t thought about the heat and the type of material used. Can you tell me more about the fiberglass that you’ve noticed please?

8. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

Taylor Coach is ~ 20 mins from where I am here in S Ontario, the company was started by Gerald Taylor in 1967, his son Brad who worked there when he was a teenager took over the business when his dad passed in 1981. This small manufacturer has been offering hand built travel trailers with a 5 yr warranty that are shipped all over N America. Anyone truly interested would be best to first call Brad and make an appointment to visit his facility in Millgrove, Ont to discuss exactly what is wanted. This naturally results in very long lead times so anything ordered at this time of year likely wouldn't be ready for delivery until 2020. Call Brad Taylor for details ...

https://taylorcoach.com/contact/

WannaTravel likes this.
  9. durhamcamper

durhamcamper Active Member

When we were in Florida last year we visited an RV dealer with a couple of friends. We wandered around the lot and were able to enter/visit various travel trailers. Since they were just 'stock' they were not plugged into hydro so no a/c running. Any of the travel trailers that were aluminum sided were almost unbearably hot inside while the smooth sided glass panelled sided trailers were hot as well but not nearly as suffocating. It makes sense to me if you consider how hot any metal becomes in the direct sun. It's just something I hadn't thought about until we discovered the difference.

10. penny

penny Well-Known Member

I ran across a taylor camper on RVTrader, and since small and light was my top criteria, was very interested. It was too far away to consider, but I think they look very nice and fill a need for those who don't want a teardrop but need something light and small. I do have an opinion on aluminum/stick vs fiberglass panel. Here in the southwest we see a lot of delimitation and I have avoided fiberglass panels for that reason. We fixed a soft spot in our fun finder, cut away the inner wall panel, replaced the soft wood frame and popped out a dent. Looked good as new. delimitation is very tough to fix and looks terrible to me. just my opinion