To those who purchased their popup new

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Lyndie, Jan 16, 2021.

1. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

what year did you purchase and how many years have you had/used/loved it? Purchased a 1999 model new in early 2000. Had it for 15 years, loved it for 13.
    - any regrets about buying new?
    None
    - how much did the cost factor into your decision? and looking back, do you feel like the premium you paid for a "new" unit was worth it over the years?
    Price was very important. I got a great price from Albany RV and starting new made owning it for years very comfortable pricewise. Also, maintaining a new popup is way easier than fixing all the stuff you come across in a used popup.
    - if you would like, please share what model/year you decided on and why.
    It as a 1999 Jayco Heritage Laurel. It was the biggest popup (2 Kings and a dinette slide) that Jayco made. We were growing a family

2. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ Gold Supporting Member

What year did you purchase and how many years have you had/used/loved it? We purchased it in July of 2008 and have used it multiple times a year, every year! The pup has been stored in the garage every year with the exception of last winter and this winter. (Project car in the garage)
    - any regrets about buying new?
    None what so ever!
    - how much did the cost factor into your decision? and looking back, do you feel like the premium you paid for a "new" unit was worth it over the years?
    We paid $8,000 for the pup new, the cost factor wasn't really holding us back. The money we paid was well worth getting a new pup.
    - if you would like, please share what model/year you decided on and why.
    It's a 2008 Fleetwood Sea Pine (Destiny series). We had gone to an RV show and looked at pups and really didn't see what we liked. We then went to a dealer not to far from our house and found exactly what we wanted. We went home and found the same exact model for $1,000 cheaper in South Jersey. Called the dealer and told them we would be down there the next day. We saw it and bought it on the spot!

3. Old School Rob

Old School Rob Member

We bought ours in 2018, and have had zero regrets buying new. Our baby has had a few issues, which I repaired. But nothing major. We store it outside, under an awning. Cost was not the deciding factor for the DW and I. We couldn’t find the model we wanted used. And, I think that is the most important part of getting a pup, is getting the one that suits you best.
    We bought the Rockwood Premier 2514G, because we loved how open and spacious it is.