To those with a diesel truck...

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by skeetercampsintexas, Oct 24, 2013.

1. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

[​IMG]

2. dmonette

dmonette Member

3. kpic

kpic New Member

In a few years we will be discussing what will a Volt tow... [LOL]

4. BigBaron

BigBaron Dreaming of Tommy's chili cheeseburgers...

Naw, we'll be discussing how to hotrod it!

5. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

I would not be at all surprised if Skeeter still gets a citation in the mail from these whackjobs. Thats amazing.

I once had a bunch of envirowhackos staying in a PA state park I was at. They were attending some green conference thing at a ski resort down the road a piece. They gave us dirty looks over the campfire, and one even told me my campfire was ruining the environment. I was burning every thing I could find after that to make smoke, wet leaves, green wood, plastic, I even eyed up my HTT's spare tire a few times. If you do not like smoke do not stay in a state park that has a fire ring on every site and do not preach your crap to me [LOL]

When you have a govt agency such as this sending out crap, based on a citizens comment without any kind of proof, that's BS.

6. BigBaron

Next time tell 'em you are sending smoke signals. Then it's protected free speech! LOL

7. kpic

kpic New Member

If the park didn't want campfires they wouldn't put out fire rings and have rules for using them.

Although I believe I already know the answer, but were they inconsiderate when it came to what they did?

8. Old_Geezer

I guess that would depend on your definition of inconsiderate.
    Cornering me in a shower house to tell me his thoughts on my fire was inconsiderate to me. Especially when I noticed the entire group was from out of state.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

9. skeetercampsintexas

Corner me in a shower house, and only thing ill have to say is left hook [LOL]

10. kpic

kpic New Member

Went past my definition of inconsiderate and reached ignorant. Some folks beg to get hurt.

11. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Active Member

Yeah, I don't think I'd be sending that letter. It would probably get you in further trouble, they will want you for some sort of "smog test" or something, but it is hilarious to read.

Diesel related, I was in town today, it's -25 C / -12F out, and has been for the last 24 hours. I pulled up in front of a business, set park brake, locked doors and left the 7.3 idling. Of course since it is cold out, the high idle kicks in and exhaust back pressure valve engages so it's now turning 1200 RPM, and louder than normal with white "smoke" rolling out of the pipe. A store owner chases me down in the place I was inside and asks if "that's my truck outside and if I could move it since it's smoking his store out" Lucky for him I met him as I was leaving, I did get a chuckle out of it though.

12. skeetercampsintexas

Dave, too late, the survey has been sent [:D] I like games, anyone else with military experience can vouch for the sick games infantryman play [LOL]

13. Sushidog

Sushidog Active Member

Yeah instead of bolting on a supercharger we will be adding a superconductor!

If you think diesels make torque, try diesel/electric (as in train.) Now that's power!

Chip

14. hvac1877

hvac1877 Old Dominion Iron Chefs Highland Springs, Va

Skeeter and kpic I am starting to look for my next TV. I am looking at the new 3.0l ecodiesel that Dodge put in the grand Cherokee which will be put into the 1500 Dodge Ram. The reason i am thinking of diesel is better mpg than the gasser and the towing cap of the truck. A fellow camper has the 2006 ram cummins and when we go long distence camping i have to fill up 2 or more times while he can do the enite trip on one tank or filling up once. I never owned a diesel but see the advantages of what they have over gassers. Thanks for anything you can give me.

15. kpic

kpic New Member

About all I know is what is online, 240 hp 420 ft-lb and 7400 lbs towing. It is new so information is scarce.

16. skeetercampsintexas

From what I know a lot of people are having issues with the new dodge diesels. In jist not seeing them because they're under warranty. I'd look elsewhere unless its an older cummins.

17. Old_Geezer

Without knowing one thing about that 3.0 hvac.......you should run the numbers and check them twice....... I have not been able to justify the cost of the diesels until I start towing a massive amount of miles per year....like above 8000 year after year........only would work if full timing and traveling full timing. Idiots here in pa just added 9.5 cents new tax to gas and 13 something to diesel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

18. BigBaron

My friend's cousin is an engineer. He's told me about the power. Also about hitting a Cadillac and not even feeling it!

19. joet

joet Well-Known Member

HP and speed would have been the Green Monster!

20. skeetercampsintexas