Toilet in the Pop Up

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by Jason Dillehay, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Jason Dillehay

Jason Dillehay New Member

Has anyone every installed an rv toilet in a pup that didnt have one? Just curious to see if it can be done. Maybe take one of the storage cabinets and use as a stall?

2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

Yes, plenty of posts, and YouTube videos. IF you remove any cabinets, just make sure that they were not holding a wall in place.

Jason Dillehay likes this.
  3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Something my folks did in our childhood pup is find a portable toilet that can fit in the cabinet and pull it out when needed. I was looking at popup where the cabinet was specifically designed for a portable toilet. They still kept the cabinet door on, but no lip on the bottom and the counter was put on a hinge. It wasn’t for a built in toilet but just a regular portable toilet. However you didn’t need to move it out to use. Many here just use a shower tent to put their toilet in to give privacy and keep the bodily smells out of the camper. My popup came with a built in toilet and a curtain attached by snaps for privacy. Many times I still use the campground toilets, but sure great to have in Emergancy and nighttime.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

I only have room for a Campa Potti MT. I put it on the outside during the day and inside at night. At my age, I need to use it a couple of times a night. Most of my camping is boondocking, so any tree or bush will do for the "light work". I also carry a bed-side commode that I place outside for the heavy "Duty" work. I use bags in that. Afterwords, a deep hole in the ground far away from the camping area with do. There is rarely anyone else anywhere near my camp sites, so I don't even need to use my Privy tent.

NMroamer and Jason Dillehay like this.
  5. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Well-Known Member

Look at something like the Thetford curve for your solution.

Jason Dillehay likes this.