Toilet in the Pop Up

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by Jason Dillehay, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Jason Dillehay

Jason Dillehay New Member

Has anyone every installed an rv toilet in a pup that didnt have one? Just curious to see if it can be done. Maybe take one of the storage cabinets and use as a stall?

2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

Yes, plenty of posts, and YouTube videos. IF you remove any cabinets, just make sure that they were not holding a wall in place.

Jason Dillehay likes this.
  3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Something my folks did in our childhood pup is find a portable toilet that can fit in the cabinet and pull it out when needed. I was looking at popup where the cabinet was specifically designed for a portable toilet. They still kept the cabinet door on, but no lip on the bottom and the counter was put on a hinge. It wasn’t for a built in toilet but just a regular portable toilet. However you didn’t need to move it out to use. Many here just use a shower tent to put their toilet in to give privacy and keep the bodily smells out of the camper. My popup came with a built in toilet and a curtain attached by snaps for privacy. Many times I still use the campground toilets, but sure great to have in Emergancy and nighttime.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Active Member

I only have room for a Campa Potti MT. I put it on the outside during the day and inside at night. At my age, I need to use it a couple of times a night. Most of my camping is boondocking, so any tree or bush will do for the "light work". I also carry a bed-side commode that I place outside for the heavy "Duty" work. I use bags in that. Afterwords, a deep hole in the ground far away from the camping area with do. There is rarely anyone else anywhere near my camp sites, so I don't even need to use my Privy tent.

NMroamer and Jason Dillehay like this.
  5. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

Look at something like the Thetford curve for your solution.

Jason Dillehay likes this.