Toilet or no toilet?

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by 211lostlake, Jul 5, 2010.

1. 211lostlake

211lostlake New Member

For those of you with a PUP that includes a toilet, are you happy to have it inside your PUP? Ours currently doesn't and I was thinking that it might not be something you want to "do" while others are inside the PUP. I currently have a port-a-potty, but curious to hear from those that have a toilet inside to see if they're happy with it, or do you not use it?

2. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

We wouldn't be without ours! DW has bathroom phobia [:O] Gives us the freedom to camp where we want without having to depend on where the restrooms are. No problem with emptying it, quite easy and problem free. We have the shower/pottie combo and never use the shower.

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill PUP-2002 Flagstaff 725D TV- 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

Our PUP came with one. Initially, we didn't use it because we figured we could go to the shower house. Once we started using it, we love it. I don't care if I have to empty it, I like the convenience and in the middle of the night knowing DW can get up, use it and be snuggling next to me in a couple of minutes rather than me wondering if she is okay or having to take DS or DD to the showerhouse in the middle of the night. WELL WORTH IT!!!

4. PoleCat

PoleCat The family that camps together, stays together.

We have a cassette toilet in ours. Rule is only #1s though... Not looking to empty any poo [V] .. If the camp ground restrooms are bad, then that rule can bend.. Its great for in the mid of the night.. Not having to get dressed up to go to the restroom... We don't use our shower though.. Too small.. That is one of the nicest things about having a PU.. #1 for me would be AC (it gets hot in Texas)!!! [8D]

5. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Active Member

Not to start another rant here, but don't understand the no poo rule. It is all the same when you empty, all liquid and no odor. That is what the chemicals are for. As far as DW goes, she never has a poo anyway [?:~{] [?:~{] [?:~{]

6. GrizzlyGirl

GrizzlyGirl Too many to count!

We have the cassette toilet/shower combo. LOVE IT! First off, #1 and #2 no problem. Use the chemical and everything breaks down super quick. It's fine even if we have to empty every 2nd or 3rd day. I normally don't deal well with the gross stuff so if I can empty just about anyone should be able to. We also use the shower (and no, neither of us are tiny) if need be. Yes, it's a bit akward but totally doable. My cousin has a TT and has her own "campsite" that has water, sewer and electricity so if we want to camp there we need our own facilities. Unless the facilities are atrocious at the CG we're staying at then we shower in the campground washrooms, but it's sure nice having the option available to us. Also, most pups with the toilet/shower also have an outdoor shower, great for rinsing off after the beach or if you have dogs that like to roll around in poop [:(O] like mine it's a must have!

7. laaddis

laaddis New Member

I thought about getting one, but my DS says no..he wouldn't use it [:(]

8. 211lostlake

211lostlake New Member

Thank you for all the replies, great information. Sounds like it's worth the extra expense.

9. rocksteadyrobk

rocksteadyrobk New Member

We use ours all the time mostly for #1 . We also use the shower all the time.

10. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

Do no use it. Rather use GG facilities. PUP does not have a walled off area for it like more modern ones. If we boondock, cassette toilet would be moved outside.

11. MamaK

MamaK Member

Ours came with one. Didn't use it for the first couple of years. Now we find it's nice for middle of the night or cold, wet weather. It's usually just me and the DH anyway. :)

12. mspontiac

mspontiac Member

We don't have one but I wish we did! As soon as we can, I plan to purchase one and keep it in the pup.

Those middle of the night trips to the showerhouse just scare the daylights out of me...I envison all kinds of creepy boogeymen lurking in the dark waiting to slash my throat, and then I think about huge fat spiders that build webs outside of the showerhouse lights at night waiting for bugs.

I'm not sure which thought is scarier to me, but either way I would love to be able to pee inside the camper. It's just me and the hubby so neither of us are bashful about a little tinkle in the night. [:D]

13. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

We bought the Thetford 365. We love it. Best thing I've done for DW while camping. Not having to leave the pup during the night is quite nice!

14. Greywuff

Greywuff Member

THat was one of the things we looked for in a camper before we purchased ours. When we found one with a toilet/shower in it, we bought, and I thank God we did. We use it on every trip. THe last trip I did discover one problem, however. I discovered the fill guage wasnt working correctly. But plenty of soapy water, belach and airing out took care of the issues...now if I only remember next time to not depend on the guage.
    Oh...a froend just purchased several porta potties form a govt surplus place. Brand new, still in the box, still sealed from factory for $50.00. I now own a "backup"porta potty. Dont know why, it just seemed like something I had to have at the time. [LOL]

15. outdoorsnga

outdoorsnga Marietta, Georgia USA

when we first got our pup all I heard was it didnt have a potti, so one nite about 10pm, nite before going camping, I drove to walmart and bought the most expensive one they had (80 bucks i think). I brought it back and gave to wife and told her she had to read up on how to use and then teach me. She would use and I would keep clean. Its still in the original box and we took with us 1 time. Dw never has even read the outside of the box. We figured out that all we had to do was reserve spots in advance that were close to the showers and the late nite walks in the moonlights are kinda romantic. [;)]

16. outdoorsnga

outdoorsnga Marietta, Georgia USA

mspontiac,
    now you got me scared to go to the showerhouse at nite....I guess I will get that potti out of the box and read up on how to use myself....I dont want no bogey man or showerhouse spider getting hold of me or my dw. [:!]

17. mspontiac

mspontiac Member

Hahaha!! Aw don't let me influence you. I think I am actually more scared of the spiders than I am of some monster in the dark. I could at least punch the boogeyman! [:D]

18. OUTOFHERE

OUTOFHERE kid, wife , keys --- were are the keys

[PU] :) ITS A MUST HAVE WITH KIDS We have a 2003 coleman niaggra with the built in potty and shower it is used by my wife all the time I dont use very much my self but it is supper handy with the 4yr old son having to go in the middle of the night Is a expensive option but convience dosent come cheep.

19. Hyperterex

Hyperterex Active Member

It came with our 2008 Fleetwood Arcadia, shower/toilet combo, it has shower walls for privacy. We loved the trailers layout too much not to get it. This was just an added bonus. We have it if we need it, but try to use the campground facilities as much as we can. So far we haven't used the shower. We have used the toilet only because a couple trips have had the campground facilities a little too far. Plus I got the mcgurggles and had to go.
    As far as going when people are in the trailer, I figure we are all family. The family that eats together....potties together.

20. CampingFool

CampingFool New Member

I bought a porta-potti when I was still a tent camper, so I wouldn't have to go out in the middle of the night and leave the kids alone - after many years of use in the tent, it is now getting used in the pup. I even set it up in Camp Driveway, because even having to walk into the house wakes me up too much - I paid about 80 dollars for it and it has been worth every penny - I also enforce the #1 only rule, since I'm the one who has to empty it, but can usually get a week out of it with only night/rainy weather use. I don't have a curtain walling it off, but darkness provides adequate privacy