Toilet question for all you Roo and Shamrock folks

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by pennypoppins, Jul 1, 2014.

1. pennypoppins

pennypoppins Member

Can some of you folks who have a Roo or Shamrock unit answer a question that came up at our house yesterday. DH and I were talking about the noise level of the toilet flushing in our new HTT that has not been delivered yet, he says that the noise will be bothersome to the person who is sleeping in the rear bed (21SS). Have any of you had a problem with the noise level of the bathroom at night? I don't think it will be too noisy but having never had to deal with anything but a porta-potty I just don't know!

2. pasnowlady

pasnowlady Member

No more bothersome than the water pump running on the opposite end of the camper.

3. rsdata

rsdata Member

I have not yet used the toilet or camped in my new 2014 Shamrock. If I hook to shore water supply, which would be my normal way of camping, 1) will I need to fill the fresh water tank ? 2) can I keep the hot water system off and not fill the hot water tank?

I do want to be able to use the toilet... I just am not sure if the water pump will turn on, or if pressurized water from the shore supply will be enough to flush the toilet.

4. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

I have a 23SS, and the toilet is right on the the other side of the wall of the rear bunk. I am the one who usually sleeps back there, as I like the privacy back there. Yes you can hear it, but you can also hear other things as well. I have never had an issue with the noise of the toilet keeping me from sleeping. I have more issues with noise from my kids getting up in the middle of the night that wakes me up. [LOL]

rsdata, If you are on shore water, you do not need to fill your tank, or use the water pump. It will work just fine on the pressure of the campground. In some cases, you will have too much pressure, and need a pressure regulator. I use a regulator everywhere I go, and have no problems.

5. fritz_monroe

fritz_monroe New Member

Exactly right. Some campgrounds have very high pressure that can damage your water system. ALWAYS use a regulator to hook up.

My daughter sleeps in that rear bunk. The toilet isn't loud at all and all the real work is done by the water pump under the front bunk, so if anyone hears it it should be the folks up front. That said, the pump is very quiet and mine is mounted on some carpeting to further deaden the sound from it.

6. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

My parents have a 23SS and the GK sleep in that bunk and have no problems with the noise, we also have a Niagara that has a shoilet and the flushing from that is not loud enough to wake our kids when sleeping right next to it, and that is not enclosed like in the HTT.

7. campingmimi

campingmimi New Member

Really don't hear it at all, especially if the air conditioner and/or fan is running. did not wake up the grandbaby who was sleeping with his momma the first night, and the air was not on nor the fan running

8. Shado

Shado New Member

We have a 233S and the baby sleeps on the back bunk and it has never woken her up in the night. There is some noise but not something I would consider bothersome.

9. cfmx

cfmx New Member

Same here. My 9 year old daughter sleeps behind the toilet and she has never complained.
    The noise is so fast that after hearing it the first couple of times its no issue.