Tongue Jack Clip Holes

Discussion in 'Tow Vehicles, Hitch & Towing' started by rob.mwpropane, Sep 8, 2021.

1. rob.mwpropane

rob.mwpropane Active Member

On the tongue jack on my camper there is a pin to remove the bottom foot and replace it with a wheel. I've bought 3 different wheels hoping at least one would fit... no dice. The hole is too high and cocks the wheel to the side.

The foot on the bottom actually has 2 sets of holes to accommodate different setups. Does anyone know where I can get a wheel like that?

I could always drill the hole but I'd like to avoid that if possible. I just know that'll be the main point that'll rust and look like crap after a while.

2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member

yes, there are two diameters of jack inner tube - its annoying. I went to an RV/trailer parts store to by my jack wheel setup, to make the fit selection easier.

thru-bolt holes lined up ok.

I changed out the lousy single wheel and not-an-axle for two ball bearing wheels and a proper axle rod (a long bolt with only a short thread on the end)

Londonbrewer and rob.mwpropane like this.
  3. rob.mwpropane

Link to something?

My tongue weight is 360-425 depending. It's frustrating that the simplest task had so many options.

4. rob.mwpropane

Ahhhh... just re read, you said you went to the store:)

5. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

rob.mwpropane likes this.
  6. rob.mwpropane

Thanks for that... do you know if it's better to have 2 wheels? Last longer, more support? Easier to roll? Idk... I just don't want to be with one thinking I should have got 2... I can't find this model with 2 though.

7. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

It’s been working perfectly for me. I’ve rolled it in and out of the garage probably hundreds of times over the years. Unless you’re trying to roll it in gravel or grass 1 should be sufficient.

rob.mwpropane likes this.
  8. rob.mwpropane

I got impatient and ordered it yesterday:)... I think it'll be fine. Awesome that you've had it for years, that's reassuring.