Too x-rated for this site

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by The Hillbilly Hilton, Sep 13, 2016.

1. The Hillbilly Hilton

The Hillbilly Hilton New Member

My pup topless. I take her top off every season prior to winterizing her. New York Winters can be rough and rather than risking leaks or Vermin I find it easier to Simply take the canvas off and then put it back on next season. It only takes about 30 minutes

Attached Files:

2. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Looking a little naked. Better cover it up with something. Lol!

3. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

I think you own a POPUP trailer - Is there any reason not to just lower the top and button everything up during the winter months... Thats what we do here...

All of my fabric tucks inside the POPUP and nothing can get harmed during the winter months...

Maybe I am missing something here...

Roy Ken

4. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Mice often get into pop ups in storage and chew up the canvas and cushions.

5. The Hillbilly Hilton

The Hillbilly Hilton New Member

Even closed up, many people have issues with mice and squirrels getting in through small holes underneath or even showing their way through the floors. If you search this site, there are literally hundreds of questions regarding how to keep mice and squirrels out of the pup. Also, if a seal breaks down over the winter from the air conditioner or the roof seal itself, nothing worse than opening her up and finding mildew all over my canvas. I also have a cousin who does nothing more then put the top down and has never had an issue. However, the way my luck is, I will be the one in one hundred that has a problem

6. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I have had to patch up my canvas every spring since I have had this pup. I will be joining the OP and take my canvas in for the winter this year!

7. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I'm so glad we don't have winter. [8D]

8. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo New Member

I have 2 questions, 1) Where do you store the tent that is safer, And 2) what do you do at Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years?
    We clean all food out of the camper after every trip, check the bottom couple times a year. Never had mice in it. The house, on the other hand...

9. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Them dammn Yankee mice are tough... be sure you don't leave the canvas in garage where the stubborn mice are, too.

Deep south in Florida, there are snakes and rats that can creep in your camper... opps, I hope I didn't freak you out.

10. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reality check...

Roy Ken

11. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

I am so sad that you are winterizing already lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

12. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo New Member

We fight mice every fall. When first moved in house had been empty most of the time for a couple of years. Mice had pretty much overran the place. With little dogs, did not want to use posion. Traps got a lot of the dumb ones. Got one of the electronic "repellers", supposed to make sound we can't hear but drive them away. The next week, found a little bitty disco ball. DW wanted to get a cat. I don't like cats, and think most are over rated at pest control. I was out on a job, caught a about 18 inch long black snake. Called DW, "You still going to that thing tonite?" "Yes. I'll be home later, go ahead, have supper." Turned that little snake loose in the basement. Couple weeks, the mice where gone... If a cat will chase mice, mouse goes in a hole. Cat may watch the hole. Mr. Snake? He goes on in [:D]

13. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Got mine all winterized yesterday and ready to go away until next spring, but I left her fully clothed. I don't want her to catch a cold this winter. It is sad thats its this time of the year already [:(]

14. Orchid

We've lived in plenty of other states, and all of them have mice, rats, and snakes. We live in Northern Florida, but shoot poisonous snakes on our property will regularity. I'm not the least bit freaked out. I'm a very good shot. [8D] And if they find their way into the camper, I will help them find their way right back out.

I only meant I was glad we don't ever have to pack the camper away for a season. Was not implying that we don't fight vermin like everyone else. In fact, we have more than our fair share here. [:(O]

15. Sonshine

Sonshine Member

As for packing up early...I live in southern Maine and woke up Monday morning to 38 degrees. Unfortunately, I never unpacked mine this year. Didnt get a chance to go anywhere as we sent my DS on a missions trip to Guatemala in June. On a bright note... there is always next year!!

16. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

This year I never even bothered to dewinterized. I wasn't able to get out until early Sept by then I figured it wasn't even worth the hassle if I would have to winterize again by early Oct. [:(]. It's hard to believe it is that time already. Hopefully next year I might actually be able to get out more.

17. sierrapup

sierrapup Active Member

i have to check the rule book...are we supposed to stop camping because it's fall...???

18. Orchid

We sure never did, even when we lived up north.

Unfortunately, most of the state parks up in MD and WV actually closed this time of year, not opening again until spring. Since fall was always my favorite time of year to camp, we had to choose places that remained open, which were always the ones with no hook-ups.

19. jnc

I still have two more trips planned. The DW an I are going to the Vermont rally The weekend of the 30th. Than I will be going to my friends place in Vermont for Columbus Day weekend. This will be the end of the season for the pup. This will also mark the first winter that we wil be camping on the DARK side. We are camping the 2nd week of November in our ntu 1980 21' Coachman.
    I will be putting the canvas in a steamer truck that we use as a coffee table. Our Thanksgiving dinner is at my sisters house 30 minutes away. We show up around 1pm and leave by 6 at the latest. Christmas is at the brothers house 20 minutes away we can end up there till midnight but one of us is still good to drive home. New years is the easiest we do what most mature adults around here do. We stay home and order chinese food.

20. jnc

I have camped in Cunningham Falls MD in November no hookups but a very nice state park.