Too x-rated for this site

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by The Hillbilly Hilton, Sep 13, 2016.

1. ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo New Member

Well good, if that is what you like. From the time DW had seniority to get it, she took the last and first week of the year for vacation.
    Our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners are cooked on the campfire and DO table outside our camper. We always invite many more family members than what show up. On those days the state parks are mostly empty, but if any sites are occupied, we invite all to join us. New Years, mostly it is just the 2 of us.

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that. It happened to me in 2015. Didn't get the camper out at all. This year, we've been out twice for a week both times. Planning on doing at least one more weekend to try and make up for last year!

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah Gold Supporting Member

even if my unit is winterized I can still camp. I just use jugged water. I can usually camp until late Oct and around then the campgrounds here start to shut down. They winterize their bathrooms, turn off all utilities etc. They sometimes keep the primitive sites open with a porta-john. Some shut down all together. For me, in the fall I need my creature comforts. I don't have a generator and don't see the need for one. I have done lots of dry camping and have no problems doing so in the spring, summer, early fall. However once temps stay down past freezing for longer i need electricity.

4. daveo1289

daveo1289 Well-Known Member

Never took the canvas off of the PUPs or the HTT. I load the units with dryer sheets. I also get pine scented pouches from the camping dealer's store for the cargo areas. I've been lucky so far not to see any signs of vermin. I believe I read about the dryer sheet trick here at the Portal. I use well over 200 sheets throughout the camper. Nothing expensive just the generic ones.

5. hotrodcamper

hotrodcamper Member

Have used dryer sheets for years in my old cars with good luck. Last winter used over 100 Bounce dryer sheets and had more mice than with using nothing at all. Will never do that again. Started using Fresh Cab. Smells like balsam(pine trees).

6. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I had mice poop on the drier sheets and they filled under the stove with them.

7. generok

generok Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Yikes! If had to do that, I would have gone to a TT after the first winter. Luckily, it's too cold in the PUP for the mice and shrews, so it's just not an issue here.

8. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Yeah, I know, I know..... My Pup goes into winter storage ---- tomorrow. Ahhhhh. That sucks, but thats how it is. No more time for fun this summer. I got to get the boat home from the cottage, winterize it and get it stored. Then I have to think about getting the cottage shut down as well. It'll be winter before you know. Ugh!

9. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

So there ya have it, Sept 16 and the Pup is away for the winter. That sucks, but .......

10. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

We've camped Cunningham Falls many times. But, like you said, no hooks up in the ones that are open late in the year. Where I would have loved to camp in the winter is Rocky Gap State Park, also in MD. It was my favorite. They didn't even keep their non-hook-up loops open late. [:!]