Topless for TATA's

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Jeepin Dad, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

Due to a busy Little League schedule in June and a trip to Vermont in early July it has been 2 months since we had had the pup out, today I went out and opened up the pup to air it out a bit and make sure no critters or bees had been around.

Thursday we are headed up to the Twin Grove KOA in Pine Grove PA. Friday should be a fun day relaxing around the pool then Saturday the boys and I will head to Rausch Creek Off-Road Park with the Jeep where I will be trail guiding again for the Annual Topless for TATA's, www.toplessfortatas.com , breast cancer benefit ride.

Last year's ride had 175 Jeeps and raised over $12,000 for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. This year there will be 225 Jeeps and hopfully will bring in even more $$$.

A couple of videos from previous Topless for TATA's rides

Jeepin Dad on Yellow Jack Rausch Creek 2010.MP4

Brake check Jeepin Dad

2011 Topless for Tatas Group 10

2. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Hopefully this year it won't rain like last year! The boys and I were very wet in your topless Jeep!

3. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

outstanding ! there is a jeep down here that is vinyl wrapped in BCA ribbons, and the soft top is custom made so the top looks like a set of ta-ta's (picture 2 cones popped up...lol)

4. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

Good luck , and hope you have a good time. I've never stayed there, but I know where it is. I am about 45 min. from there.

5. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

[:O] [:O] [:O] [:O] Oh No... is that tomorrow???? I gotta get off the forum and figure out clothes and food!!!!

6. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

The boys and are about ready to head out, Wendy will be coming up once the kids she watches get picked up.

7. singledad

singledad New Member

[:O] You are only a 1/2 hr from us there. Would like to really off road some day but my back won't take it anymore.

8. Jeepin Dad

Jeepin Dad New Member

We had a fun Weekend. We got to the campground Thursday evening and set up camp. Friday was a laid back day hanging out at the pool, Michael and I loved the new waterslide they added this spring.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2012-08-03 11.35.10

Grilled up some pretty tasty ribs for dinner

[​IMG]

After dinner I had to head over to one of the local hotels to check in to the trail ride the next day, while I was doing that Wendy took the boys down to the KOA's mini-golf corse and amusment rides.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next morning I got up and got sprayed pink for the Topless for TATA's ride.

[​IMG]

Since I was a trail guide I needed to up at the off-road park early. So the plan was Wendy was going to bring the boys up to the park a little later, but they got lost between the KOA and the park and somehow ended up at Knoebles Amusment Park instead.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2012-08-04 11.00.49
    2012-08-04 11.02.27

Since I was busy trail guiding I did not get many trail pics but here are a few. There were 300 registered vehicles, mostly jeeps, and close to 500 people at the event.

This hole was deeper than I remember
    Rausch Creek Topless for Tata's 08/04/12 - YouTube

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Flexing on J Trail

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was a fun day and no one in my group broke anything. Other groups were not so lucky, there was one roll over (no one was hurt and the Jeep still ran the rest of the weekend) and one Jeep sucked in water through the intake and blew his engine. My group was only doing green (easy) and blue (intermediate) trails but I did have one person tell me I was crazy, I was taking the all the harder optional lines, but other than the one water hole I had at least one other Jeep follow me through/over everything. After the one water hole I picked up a really annoying squel, once I got home on Sunday I pulled the wheels and had to pry several pebbles/rocks from between the caliper and dust shield, but it made for a really unpleasent 2 hr ride home listening to the constant squealing.

9. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Good weekend, thanks honey ♥

10. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Looks like a great trip! I can't see the videos though, and can't figure out why. It's not just these either, pretty much none unless they're from youtube. It's as if the contrast is totally whiting the images out. If I run the cursor along the buffer line, I can see individual frames, but that's not the same.

I miss my Wrangler!!! Glad y'all had a good time, no matter which amusement park you ended up at! [LOL]
    [:D]

11. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

Pam - strange, those are on you tube? We did have a nice weekend. [:D]