Toronto RV shows ... Getting close ....

Discussion in 'RV Shows' started by Snow, Dec 29, 2013.

1. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

What show in March???

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

3. hahahamilton

hahahamilton Member

Got to the show about noon on Saturday. It was busy but not overly packed. Overall I was disappointed. There was lots of big stuff, 5th wheels, park models etc... but not that much in the way of smaller units. We saw a few nice travel trailers in the size range we would want but it seemed the focus was on the larger size. The parts area was a big let down. The show last March had a huge area but this one was a tiny corner in the one hall. The way they had the show floor laid out made it difficult to make it through the exhibits without missing some. Only one area that had about 10 different pup models and that was it.

4. Pilot371

Pilot371 Member

Went on Friday. Not too crowded which was nice. One dealer had a lot of pop ups, the majority of the rest did not. Was talking to assistant sales manager at the dealer I go to and they indicated the smaller travel trailers which are not that much different in price than a pop up are selling a lot more than pop ups.

Not a ton of displays on campsites and places to go to which surprised me. About 3 or 4 insurance companies. DW was looking at larger pop ups with slide out sides to upgrade to in a couple of years. I am not thinking we need to upgrade at all. :)

5. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Thanks Snow, Pilot371, and HaHaHamiliton.....guess the drool was non-existent then?

6. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I should mention that this show sounds pretty much like the past shows I have gone to.. lots of big expensive rigs, an ok selection of medium priced TT's and Htt's and very little in the way of pups..

Couple things I'd recommend to anyone attending these shows, 1- They are a great place to go and see "whats out there" and compare facts and figures..
    2 - They are great for anyone in the market for buying a new rig to see a number of units and floor plans to see not only what you like and don't like, but what will work for you and your family.
    3 - if your in the market or just kicking the tires, make sure you do the necessary research before going to a show, 50% of the "sales persons" at these shows are just extras hired by the dealers for these shows and outside of repeating the sales flyers have very little knowledge about the units. ( I have posted a few times that I talked a few families out of buying something that was way outside their vehicles tow rating despite what the sales person had already told them )
    4 - Know what you can safely tow with your current tow vehicle or your "next" tow vehicle.. again the sales people are there to sell and will quite often use the units "dry" weight as the weight you can tow (big difference when you see the 7000lb 5'er, 1/2 ton towable and see what the GVWR is for the same unit..) .
    5 - It is a great place to get additional info on dealers that are out there (location, up coming sales etc..),
    6 - great place to meet up with camping friends (and make new one's) that you haven't seen in a couple months ..

7. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Should mention that at this point in time, the DW and myself are planning to attend the show in February/March.. When it closer to show time, I'll confirm the day we will be going if anyone here wants to meet up at the show ..

8. hahahamilton

hahahamilton Member

No drool [:(]

9. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

Thanks Craig. We'd like to attend the March show.

10. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

11. ccptbo

ccptbo Well-Known Member

I think we're going to try the March 1st one, without the kids again.
    Some said it wasn't that good and the salespeople were horrendous but we're taking our chances, biting the bullet, and going for the pure experience.....it's a day out without the kids. I'll take it!! lol

Melissa