I was not happy with how low my camper sat, even with a 6" drop hitch it is nose high and I had to be careful going over certain bumps, etc. I checked into commercially available lift kits and found one from Dexter, which gave a 2 5/8" lift for around $80. I looked into how it was designed and implemented and decided I could do a DIY, get 3" lift and save a few $$$. I purchased a 2' piece of 2x4 rectangular steel tubing and 8, 1/2" x 1 1/4" bolts w/ washers and locknuts. Total cost ~$40. In retrospect 1" bolts would have been long enough. I measured the mounting flange on the axle and it is about 10", so I cut the steel at an angle making the part that goes against the axle 11" and the frame 13". This allows for somewhat easier bolt access, rather than cutting directly in half. The axle was originally held to the frame by 2 bolts on each side, bolted to flanges that stick down below the frame. I removed the bolts on one side and lowered the axle a few inches to allow access while leaving the other side attached. I did loosen the bolts on the other side a bit to allow it to drop easier but did not remove them yet. I measured for bolt holes and determined the front vertical and horizontal holes are the same distance fron the front, but the back ones are not. I marked a line around the tubing 1 3/4" back from the front. This provided about a 1/2" overhang on the axle flange front and rear. The top holes on mine were 7 3/4" apart, so I marked that as well. I then placed the block in position and jacked the axle back up, holding the block in place and marked for my holes. I removed the block and drilled the holes. I originally drilled to use the original holes on the side flanges but after installing it there wasn't enough clearance for the back bolts so I drilled a new back hole above the original allowing plenty of clearance. I bolted that side in place loosely and repeated the process on the other side. After getting both blocks in place and the axle re-centered, I tightened all bolts. This is the view from underneath after all is tight. This is the end result. Sitting nose down now. Next step, new tires and wheels. Going from the 10" that came on it to 13". That should give me an overall lift of 5". After the new tires I should be able to replace ball mount with one that has a 2" or 3" drop. The entire project took about 2 hours. Granted I was working on a lift which made it much easier than laying on the ground, but even on the ground I wouldn't think it should take more than about 3 hours to complete.