Torsion Axle Lift DIY (Photo Intense)

Discussion in 'Tires / Brakes / Bearings / Axles' started by thelmuth, Feb 11, 2016.

1. thelmuth

thelmuth Member

As long as it fits, why not?

BelchFire and vaderhater22 like this.
  2. vaderhater22

vaderhater22 New Member

I finally got around to doing this myself. It was really pretty simple. I think the hardest part was explaining the process to my father in law that helped me out and loaned me some tools. I haven't pulled it anywhere yet except moving it around the yard to work on it due to needing some work on my TV that I found out while working on this. But it looks good sitting there. It is much more level and I think I'm going to look into bigger wheels and/or tires to increase the clearance just a bit more. I took a few pics but they won't upload here. Says the files are too big.

3. thelmuth

thelmuth Member

Good deal. Told you it wasn't that difficult.

vaderhater22 likes this.
  4. tenttrailer

tenttrailer Art & Joyce - Columbus, O

We did a 2.5 inch lift using hitch receiver tube.

vaderhater22 likes this.
  5. Silverbat

Silverbat New Member

Hoping to revive this post and get some input. I have a 2011 Starcraft Centennial 3612 that sits really low. It scrapes the driveway when backing and can’t fit a grey water tank under it as the bottom of the outlet for the sink is only 8.5” from the ground. The 2 5/8” lift offered by dexter won’t give me the 12” height I need. I’m considering using a 4”X3” .25 thickness tube. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.